4th of July Road

4th of July Road is a 8.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Nederland, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and cross country skiing and is best used from September until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

my favorite trail

AWESOME hike. Wildflowers are in full bloom. Up took 2 hrs. But, this included extra steps because of parking. I went at 1:30 p.m. and there were alot of parking spots near the trailhead.

Excellent hike with great scenery and a lot of variations in the trail. This is listed as moderate but if you hike to Diamond Lake it gets a lot harder. Seeing the waterfall and then the lake is well worth the hike.

awesome trail, beautiful

Great simple hike. Friend took my wife and I when we visited Denver. Great overlook views throughout

Sunday, July 23, 2017

The directions lead you to Hessi Trail I believe, it is past that. About 2-3 miles up 4th of July Rd (all dirt) to the actual trail head. Parking on the weekend is terrible. They have a small parking lot and people park on the side of the road which is already a one lane road. After getting over that nightmare the hike is totally worth it! The views are breathtaking! You can walk over waterfalls! We didn't make it to Diamond Lake which I wish we did! Some fellow hikers stated it was rocky so we didn't want to put our dog through that. We will bring dog shoes next time!

Cons: parking
Pros: views, water features, dog friendly

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Ok... so for a more accurate idea of this trail, look at the entry for Diamond Lake Trail. This is a moderate, heavily trafficked trail. Two stars for inaccuracy. If you like a moderate hike with nice views and waterfalls, you'll like it.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017