4th of July Road

4th of July Road is a 8.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Nederland, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and cross country skiing and is best used from September until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Did this trail on 4th of July and on our way to do it against this morning:)
It is an all around gorgeous views. Plenty of waterfalls, forests and wiled flowers all the way to the top!
My wife and I love the trails around the Loveland area...very relaxing hike ...enjoy :)

Beautiful scene and sights the entire hike. We went all the way to Diamond Lake with a 4 year old. He did great! We brought the pack which he rode in for about 60-70% of the time. This is definitely a moderate to hard just due to the length and large boulders to climb over. We brought a lunch and picnicked at the lake. Totally worth it, but completely whipped after :) oh and the road to get to the parking is incredibly rocky and narrow so be sure your vehicle can handle it.

my favorite trail

AWESOME hike. Wildflowers are in full bloom. Up took 2 hrs. But, this included extra steps because of parking. I went at 1:30 p.m. and there were alot of parking spots near the trailhead.

Excellent hike with great scenery and a lot of variations in the trail. This is listed as moderate but if you hike to Diamond Lake it gets a lot harder. Seeing the waterfall and then the lake is well worth the hike.

awesome trail, beautiful

Great simple hike. Friend took my wife and I when we visited Denver. Great overlook views throughout

Sunday, July 23, 2017

The directions lead you to Hessi Trail I believe, it is past that. About 2-3 miles up 4th of July Rd (all dirt) to the actual trail head. Parking on the weekend is terrible. They have a small parking lot and people park on the side of the road which is already a one lane road. After getting over that nightmare the hike is totally worth it! The views are breathtaking! You can walk over waterfalls! We didn't make it to Diamond Lake which I wish we did! Some fellow hikers stated it was rocky so we didn't want to put our dog through that. We will bring dog shoes next time!

Cons: parking
Pros: views, water features, dog friendly

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Ok... so for a more accurate idea of this trail, look at the entry for Diamond Lake Trail. This is a moderate, heavily trafficked trail. Two stars for inaccuracy. If you like a moderate hike with nice views and waterfalls, you'll like it.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017