Zuma Beach Walk

Zuma Beach Walk is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Malibu, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, birding, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

I got there around 10am on a Saturday. Parking in the gated lot is $15 if you plan to be there a long time and hang out at the beach. I went to bike only, so I parked just outside the lot at a small metered parking area of about 6 stalls. It was $0.25/15 minutes. There was also plenty of free parking along PCH, but not easy to get the bike down the guardrail to the bike path. Bike path is actually the driveway shared for parking lot access. For one hr I had time enough to do the length of the path twice, assemble and disassemble front wheel, took some pictures. The path between parking lot and sand is a no bike zone. Plenty of restrooms along the way and not crowded.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Peaceful and serene.... the birds are tricky and hungry.

Monday, May 13, 2013

I usually do a run here on early mornings during the week or weekends. There are more people out walking/running during the weekends so I tend to come as early as I can. It costs about $8 to park within the lot but if you come early enough, you can use the metered parking right outside the toll building. The meters take only quarters and its 10 minutes a quarter. Or you can park along side PCH for FREE!! I average a 12 minute mile right now and I can finish in less than 45 minutes.