Zanja Peak Trail

Zanja Peak Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Yucaipa, California that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

It was a cool hike. If they had like a "moderately challenging" setting, I would label this hike as just that. It's a nice hike; however, the only part that was difficult was closer towards the end. I did a full loop, came up the right and down the left. Like mentioned earlier the most challenging part was like this final hill when you're coming back the left side. I fell like twice coming down it lol. But it's fun! :)

great hike! not to busy but a few fellow hikers along.

really injoyed this hike,and it's only ten minutes from the house really a good work out as well good way to spend the day

Great trail. No shade but awesome in the winter time. Went up with my dogs on a rainy day. Be sure to check your dogs for ticks afterward. Mine got a few on this trail.

Love this hike. I've done it early in the morning, in the middle of the day, and at night. Late in the morning on a Saturday is the worst time because there will be more people. The hardest part is toward the end. There are 2 extremely steep slopes to climb up (depending on how far you go). I think it's great fun though. Great spot to catch the sunrise or sunset.

Did it at night, the hill to the end was really big and following the red trail was a little hard in the dark. Great views of the lights though.

One of my favorite trails.

This is a good trail if you want a good workout. But sure to bring plenty of water, there is no shade. You can also connect to other trails in the area if you want to extend you hike a few more miles.

sketchy when you get towards the top lol other then that great view.

Friday, April 22, 2016

if you like your calves to burn....
then this is the trail for you.
amazing views from the peak.
good place to meditate.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Anyone who says this trail should not be rated hard is not keeping it real lol. We took the trail to the left and it was a great challenge. I had to stop to catch my breath a few times but it gave me a great sense of accomplishment getting up there. It was very steep, I felt like I was going straight up haha. We love the trails in the area and will be trying the right trail next time!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Great hike, we took the steep trail up and great workout. Once at the peak and we turned around to head back down he saw a big rattlesnake crossing the trail. Then walked about 75 feet and saw a HUGE rattlesnake that didn't want to get off the trail. Another hike came along and kicked dirt at it and it coiled up and rattled extremely loud, he was annoyed. Finally backed up off the trail and into the bushes. It's that time of the year for them to be out, be safe. Don't forget your water. Wouldn't do this trail on a hot day, absolutely no shade except for 2 trees the entire way.