Zanja Peak Trail

Zanja Peak Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Yucaipa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good hike, especially for a quick morning work out! Multiple trails to take to lengthen or shorten your walk.
Trail has both challenging and easy parts. My dog loves it !

Great Quad burner with exceptional views all the way up the trail.

I love this hike!!

I wouldn’t say this hike was hard..challenging on some inclines but they were short and my 9 year old was able to do them...we did about 5.5 miles..we couldn’t figure out which Peak was actually the peak 2 of them looked about the same so we hiked to both. We could have clocked in more miles but the trails were not marked as to where it would take you...there were small trails that took off from the main trail and we thought we were doing a loop until we realized we weren’t going to end up back to our car..inside the regional park. So we just turned around and back tracked. The trail we were on was mostly narrow and switched back and forth..careful for mountain bikers they will usually announce themselves. Over all good quick local hike. Nice view of the mountains around.

Steep and blasted by the sun till after the bench. After that the canyon is pretty and has green plants.

I have rode my mountain bike on this trail plenty of times and walked, run. I love this trail. I frequently come here. During the summer months bring lots of water and beware of rattle snakes. I like to do Night bike riding here.

Good trail for a quick hike. Decently challenging, but short enough most people could do it. Took about 45 minutes to get to the top. Will put it in the regular rotation for some outdoor cardio.

Good hike, hard in spots.

nice training trail good views

This was a really cool hike! The switchbacks and elevation gain keep things interesting and the panoramic views at the top are wonderful. Loved seeing the San Jacinto and Santa Ana Mountains in the distance, as well as the peaks that surround Lake Perris. You can also see all the major cities west of Yucaipa all the way out to Riverside.

I suggest continuing east past Zanja Peak and connecting to Regional Park Trail like others have. Looping it adds about a mile onto the hike and guides you gently down through Yucaipa Regional Park where there are bathrooms and places to rest.

I wouldn't categorize this as a hard trail. I found it to be on the more challenging side of moderate. I don't want anyone who sees the rating to be deterred. It's more than doable.

Great trail. Be ready for a workout!

Steep / great for a workout.
Little shade
Great sights at the top!
Free parking in a dirt lot.

Intense be prepared! Lots of water.

Been there, it's awesome!

i love this trail, i take my dog all the time. it is rated hard, which i could see why because of the incline and some steep parts. still is an amazing hike tucked up on the mtns of yucaipa, i will say if your going to bring your dog on a hot day watch out for snakes. last 2 times we went saw some huge A$$ snakes, scared the life outta me.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

It was a cool hike. If they had like a "moderately challenging" setting, I would label this hike as just that. It's a nice hike; however, the only part that was difficult was closer towards the end. I did a full loop, came up the right and down the left. Like mentioned earlier the most challenging part was like this final hill when you're coming back the left side. I fell like twice coming down it lol. But it's fun! :)

Monday, February 06, 2017

great hike! not to busy but a few fellow hikers along.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

really injoyed this hike,and it's only ten minutes from the house really a good work out as well good way to spend the day

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Great trail. No shade but awesome in the winter time. Went up with my dogs on a rainy day. Be sure to check your dogs for ticks afterward. Mine got a few on this trail.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Love this hike. I've done it early in the morning, in the middle of the day, and at night. Late in the morning on a Saturday is the worst time because there will be more people. The hardest part is toward the end. There are 2 extremely steep slopes to climb up (depending on how far you go). I think it's great fun though. Great spot to catch the sunrise or sunset.

Friday, August 05, 2016

Did it at night, the hill to the end was really big and following the red trail was a little hard in the dark. Great views of the lights though.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

One of my favorite trails.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

This is a good trail if you want a good workout. But sure to bring plenty of water, there is no shade. You can also connect to other trails in the area if you want to extend you hike a few more miles.

Monday, May 30, 2016

sketchy when you get towards the top lol other then that great view.

Friday, April 22, 2016

if you like your calves to burn....
then this is the trail for you.
amazing views from the peak.
good place to meditate.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Anyone who says this trail should not be rated hard is not keeping it real lol. We took the trail to the left and it was a great challenge. I had to stop to catch my breath a few times but it gave me a great sense of accomplishment getting up there. It was very steep, I felt like I was going straight up haha. We love the trails in the area and will be trying the right trail next time!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Great hike, we took the steep trail up and great workout. Once at the peak and we turned around to head back down he saw a big rattlesnake crossing the trail. Then walked about 75 feet and saw a HUGE rattlesnake that didn't want to get off the trail. Another hike came along and kicked dirt at it and it coiled up and rattled extremely loud, he was annoyed. Finally backed up off the trail and into the bushes. It's that time of the year for them to be out, be safe. Don't forget your water. Wouldn't do this trail on a hot day, absolutely no shade except for 2 trees the entire way.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

It was a good hike. I'm not sure I would classify it as hard, moderate maybe. It was steep and it was a great workout on the legs, thighs and gluts. As others have mentioned, would not recommend this hike in a hot day. Also, highly recommend hiking boots. Can't imagine doing this hike in sneakers. We parked at the trail head by the soccer complex and took the trail down that took us to the regional park. This added an addition mile and half to the hike. We also took our dog and she did great. One other tip, there are mountain bikers up there and you should be vigilant in listening for them coming down the hill. They pick up speed and it's hard for them to slow down, it's much easier for us to move out of their way. Be kind and share the trail.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Very beautiful! Ended up lost at craft college

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I hiked past the peak coming from Crafton. I decided to take the Yucaipa regional trail down. It's fun and I would definitely love to hike the alternative path to Zanja.