Yosemite Point

Yosemite Point is a 7.6 mile out and back trail located near Mariposa, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

A great viewpoint to provide fantatisc views of Yosemite Valley land features, including Half Dome and Lost Arrow Spire. Yosemite Point (6,939 ft.), a mountain cliff, stands right to Yosemite Fall and provides great and unobstructed views on the Yosemite Valley area. To get there, you need to hike the Upper Yosemite Fall Trail to the top of the valley, cross Yosemite Creek, then follow the North Dome trail to the junction for it. The trail head to the Upper Yosemite Fall trail is located at somewhere near the Camp 4 campground. Please allow 6-8 hours for this strenuous hike.

Amazing, strenuous and rewarding! Get some sleep, stretch, bring LOTS of water and start at it before 7am. You'll be happy you did!

Hardest hike we've done this far.

Every step was worth it!

definitely not a hike for the weak of heart, but my sister and I loved this hike. Definitely the most amazing and beautiful view I've seen thus far in my life! Can't wait to get back to Yosemite to explore more of the park. :)

Definitely a great hike and one my favorites to go on. Start early as the initial hike up the falls trail gets very crowded. The view you get to the top is breath taking.

Relentless stair-based incline with a double reward: pano views AND the waterfall in full force. Definitely needed a slower pace than I anticipated to make it to the top. I started at 7am, and don't recommend starting much later - my descent was straight sun and super hot. Make the extra trip to Yosemite Point! And make sure you get down to the falls overlook.

Stunning views!

I consider this hike (April 2015) a highlight of my life. The views, the challenge! Breathtaking. Do not miss this one.

I did this hike July of 2015 and loved it! It's a pretty tough but very accomplished once you get to the top.