Workman Ridge and Worsham Canyon Trails

Workman Ridge and Worsham Canyon Trails is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hacienda Heights, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good local trail for a quick hike or trail run. We started at 7:30am and only came across a few people during the hike. It was a cool day, but there’s not much shading. If it were hot out would recommend some covering. We walked/jogged most of the trail and it took us 1 hour 38 min, I tracked it and my GPS showed approximately 1600 ft of Ascent for the entire hike.

Great trail. Great trail
Very quiet and especially love its open sunrise to sunset

I love this trail, I always go after it rains to see clear skies and be surrounded by green lush. I've never had a problem with litter on the trail but there definately is a lot of deer poop 2 miles in. Its a lovely trail that isolates you from the city and also occasionally gives you breathtaking views of the city. As you're hiking, keep an ear out for bikers and runners!

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The trail has been closed.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

It was a little scary at first. We came in from Frame Ave in a residential area. It was a total of 6 miles. Only saw three people walking and two bikers. The second half is all up hill. Pretty good workout on that second half. Beautiful wild flowers and lots of colors right now. Saw a few lizards and lots of coyote poop but no coyotes

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I live in whittier and Ive done this trail when im too lazy to drive an hour to the San Gabriel mountains, its okay for what it is. Started from Turnbull canyon near the inconspicuous white gate about 1.5 miles east of water tower hike. Gain is about 550 (from turnbull canyon road) so it isnt much i tend to do it twice for a respectable 1,100 of gain. Good panoramic views at the top. Wish there wasn't sooo much litter everywhere.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Excellent hike green lush grass, flowers growing everwhere. coming back can get narrow and a little steep. took me about 3 hours to complete the trial with stops for pictures and water breaks. parking is great!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Saturday, February 18, 2017

This is a question, not a review...

I know that this trail can be reached from the top of Turnbull Cyn, but iIs there an actual entrance from the neighborhood near Camino Del Sur and Colima Rd? If so, I could not find it...Thx!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

nice

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Great moderate hike with not many people around. Trail is a loop around with great early morning views all around. The entrance is hidden by a residential area.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

I tried to go today but there is no where to park and if you park in front of the residential houses you need a parking pass.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Nice for bike riding, recommended !!!!

Monday, February 29, 2016

A fun, moderate hike with nice views. We went on a Sunday and only saw 4 cyclists and maybe 10 other hikers. We saw some interesting geology (might have seen a folding fault in the last section of Worsham Canyon but not certain) and some wildflowers. It's a great local hike if you live in Hacienda Heights or in Whittier.

recorded Workman