Woodson Mountain via Hwy 67

Woodson Mountain via Hwy 67 is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ramona, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

Mt Woodson via Hwy 67 offers breathtaking vistas. This hike is moderately strenuous, and easy to access due to its convenient location. In the summer, be sure to take enough water, it gets extremely hot and dry! The views to the ocean and to Palomar Mountain to the East are worth the effort.

Steep paved road towards the top. Great cardio and views from the top. Will try to climb this with my road bike someday

My calves are screaming at me today, but it was worth it!

This was our 2nd trip to potato chip rock. First time we took a longer trail at Poway recreation center. It was a very fun decent hike. We saw snakes, plants, even rabbits. My 6 year old son loved the trail. This time we took this fire road because my friend wanted to try. As others are mentioned, it's short and easy. It's just a paved steep road. I'd say if you don't have enough time and want to take a very short trip to potato chip rock, take this road.

Good straight up the mountain exercise approaching from the east side. Plus it's paved.