Woodson Mountain via Hwy 67

Woodson Mountain via Hwy 67 is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ramona, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

cave

Mt Woodson via Hwy 67 offers breathtaking vistas. This hike is moderately strenuous, and easy to access due to its convenient location. In the summer, be sure to take enough water, it gets extremely hot and dry! The views to the ocean and to Palomar Mountain to the East are worth the effort. There is a longer but more gradual way to the top, via Lake Poway that is more often travelled. https://alltrails.com/trail/us/california/mt-woodson-via-lake-poway-trail

I was new to hiking and this was very step, so I was sore for about 4 days! it was a gorgeous view once we made it to the famous "potato chip". A line to take pictures but goes fast and also time to rest. Worth the wait.

Great hike!! The entire way is paved and the incline is really steep which made for a great workout. Took our four kids ages 5-14. There was a line to take pictures on potato chip rock but totally worth the wait. The jump to get onto the rock was a little scary but I'm a total chicken when it comes to heights. Everyone else didn't think it was that bad.

Love the incline on this hike, really works out ur ass!! Really like the fact that the road is paved.

Beautiful.
The incline was tough for me. The weather was gorgeous but I still needed plenty of water. Have good shoes because the trip down can be brutal even though the trail is smooth.
I definitely loved having my camera with me.

Potato Chip rock is way over rated and with a line 75+ people deep we opted not to take pics on it and found a better quieter rock to hang out on. Great uphill workout, no breaks in the climb made for a good workout.