Woodson Mountain via Hwy 67

Woodson Mountain via Hwy 67 is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ramona, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

cave

Mt Woodson via Hwy 67 offers breathtaking vistas. This hike is moderately strenuous, and easy to access due to its convenient location. In the summer, be sure to take enough water, it gets extremely hot and dry! The views to the ocean and to Palomar Mountain to the East are worth the effort. There is a longer but more gradual way to the top, via Lake Poway that is more often travelled. https://alltrails.com/trail/us/california/mt-woodson-via-lake-poway-trail

1 hour ago

Beautiful.
The incline was tough for me. The weather was gorgeous but I still needed plenty of water. Have good shoes because the trip down can be brutal even though the trail is smooth.
I definitely loved having my camera with me.

Potato Chip rock is way over rated and with a line 75+ people deep we opted not to take pics on it and found a better quieter rock to hang out on. Great uphill workout, no breaks in the climb made for a good workout.

love this hike! the views are amazing! the jump to the potato chip is scary when it's raining! a little advise don't go up if it's raining and you want a picture on the chip. note the way down is steep and your knees do take a beating! Overall a great Sunday hike!

Great weather, great views, very simple. Apply the brakes - down. Long line to wait for Potato Chip...

Paved, so it's easy on the ankles. We went in the winter because I hate hiking in the heat, but it was raining so we couldn't see the views. It wasn't crowded at all so no line a Potato Chip rock, but it didn't seem safe to stand on it because it was so slick and I hate dying when I hike.
I recommend go in the Spring.