Woodson Mountain via Hwy 67

Woodson Mountain via Hwy 67 is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ramona, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

cave

Mt Woodson via Hwy 67 offers breathtaking vistas. This hike is moderately strenuous, and easy to access due to its convenient location. In the summer, be sure to take enough water, it gets extremely hot and dry! The views to the ocean and to Palomar Mountain to the East are worth the effort. There is a longer but more gradual way to the top, via Lake Poway that is more often travelled - https://alltrails.com/trail/us/california/mt-woodson-via-lake-poway-trail

The whole trail up is paved... take plenty of water also the whole way up it's super inclined Make sure to take comfortable shoes ... once you're up you will see the Power towers and then greeted by the potato chip rock...

Careful parking on the 67! Seems safer to park directly on the trail side. Journey is on a fire road all of the way. Pass the radio towers to come upon the chip from the back. Go on a weekday! No lines, or crowds and you get a beautiful sunset! ~4 miles RT and took 1.5 hours. Incline is steep yea, but if you're in some type of physical condition it won't even really be that hard.

This trail wasn't so bad. It's the shorter version to the potato chip rock. We went on a Wednesday morning so the line at the potato rock wasn't that long. The only thing is that it's a bithard to get on the potato chip rock. You actually have to jump from one rock to another to get on it. It could be dangerous. I still did it though and I have short legs

I loved it ❤️ it was the first time I've ever hiked and OMG talk about a workout !!!! But it was all worth it at the very end amazing view!! Got there very early to avoid all the crowd to take pictures at the potato chip rock!

Great place to hike up to on a weekday (extremely busy on weekends). Awesome view of the city from at top on a clear day.

I was new to hiking and this was very step, so I was sore for about 4 days! it was a gorgeous view once we made it to the famous "potato chip". A line to take pictures but goes fast and also time to rest. Worth the wait.

Great hike!! The entire way is paved and the incline is really steep which made for a great workout. Took our four kids ages 5-14. There was a line to take pictures on potato chip rock but totally worth the wait. The jump to get onto the rock was a little scary but I'm a total chicken when it comes to heights. Everyone else didn't think it was that bad.

Love the incline on this hike, really works out ur ass!! Really like the fact that the road is paved.

Beautiful.
The incline was tough for me. The weather was gorgeous but I still needed plenty of water. Have good shoes because the trip down can be brutal even though the trail is smooth.
I definitely loved having my camera with me.