Woods, Winnemucca, and Round Top Lakes

Woods, Winnemucca, and Round Top Lakes is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Markleeville, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

If you want to add 4th of July Lake add an additional 2.6 miles to the total hike. Going into the lake is downhill which of course means you must go uphill to return to the original loop trail.

perfect hike last August. wildflowers and waterfalls. should be great in a wet 2017 as soon as it is dry enough.

Beautiful views. Very cool sites. My 13 year old son and I hiked up toward Round Top Lake; too much snow to go to the top in November. Several good trail choices. Decent bathroom.

Great hike to see some very beautiful wild flowers or just a great hike.

Great shorter hike with phenomenal scenery

Great loop. Really enjoyed the walk up to Lake Winnemuca. The decent from Round Lake was not exceptionally beautiful but it was still a nice hike and good exercise for my dogs and kids (under 10).

Great wildflowers!

Great vistas and beautiful wildflowers (I went in July). If you hike to round top peak, the log book is on the furthest peak. It is 5 feet taller than the peak next to it. Make sure you have good treads on your shoes.

One of my favorite hikes this time of year! Wild flowers are everywhere and lake views beautiful. If you hike part way up to the top of Round Top itself you can even see Lake Tahoe. Winnemucca Lake is always a loud section with kids yelling and lots of people hanging out. Busy trail but worth the annoyances of the occasional loud hikers.

I just came back from there and it is absolutely beautiful all the flowers are in bloom there still snow gorgeous definitely going back.

Wildflowers were abundant and beautiful today.

It's been 10 years since I hiked this trail to Round top lake but I loved it and it was not difficult. Beautiful views and a nice dive into the lake was very refreshing. I can't wait to go back with the family!

Wonderful. Lots of water and snow. Fantastic views.lots of wildflowers.

Beautiful wildflowers, perfect weather, very few people even right after the 4th of July. Perfect for family with small kids to boot.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Beautiful trail, easy to follow except after a good winter when parts of the trail on the way to Round Top Lake was still buried in snow. The lakes are beautiful and a great spot to soak your feet in the ice cold water.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Monday, February 22, 2016

I gave this Trail a 3 for the fact that I have not done this loop yet. This trail is accessible during the winter if you park at the snow park on the North side of the road. You need a permit! Or just east of the snow park on the south side of the road is another parking area. It will add a little distance to the trip but this area very nice during the winter. Great snow shoeing and X skiing. Lots of cool lakes and mountain peaks to check out.
All Trails does not list the " Frog Lake, Winnemucca to Woods Lake Loop. (Am I just missing it????) My phone died in less than an hour pulling a weak signal. My Garmin tracked us at 6.3 miles doing the frog loop. I'm not going to post tracks or pics on this trail thread. Id like to find the correct trail thread to post them on.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Did the hike in mid September, it was a very warm day but nice breeze at Rou d lake. I'd like to do it again when the wildflowers are in bloom, but overall an easy hike and beautiful views at the lakes.