Learn more

Simi Cross is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Simi Valley, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 521 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Solid trail, easy to go the wrong way and end up on a path that is very steep. Great views of Simi Valley.

It gets a little confusing on the direction of travel. There are multiple cut offs, but will all lead you to the top. Some are harder than others. This hike wasn’t too bad! It’s the closest one to my house, so I will definitely do it quite often. I took my dog with me, and he held up great! Amazing view of Simi Valley once you hit the top. See you on the trail!

Fun short trail up to a beautiful view. We chose the more difficult trail (to the right at the first intersection) on the way up which was fun to climb but didn’t seem as safe to descend as there were many steep inclines with little to catch you if you start to slip. We parked at the corner of Washburn and Los amigos

First time ! I took my 4 daughters here ages 5-15. We loved how their were a couple different ways to get to Simi Cross. One way was zig zag and easier for my 5 year old. The other challenged my older girls. Both pathways kept us connected, so it was perfect! It was a good hike. When we finally reached the top....the view was amazing! Such a nice treat!

First time doing this and getting into shape I’d say not an easy hike. I appreciate the zig zagging pattern, saved me!!! I will do this one again for sure. Got my heart pumping on the way up.

Pretty hike and a beautiful view of Simi. Perfect for viewing the sunset

Very pretty Hike. There are two benches on top as well as the cross. Easy hike, I took my mom and she had no problem. Several families with there kids and dogs so a really good hike for everyone.

recorded Simi Cross

Then on to Reagan library

Took me and 5 kids under an hour to reach the cross

No shade. Decent views of Simi Valley.

Good little incline to get the heart pumping but not too difficult. Nice views of the valley from the top.

Thu Jun 06 2019

not much into neighbor Hood trails

Fri May 31 2019

One of my favorite hikes. Very simple (unless you choose the hard, basically vertical way) and not difficult other than elevation gains. Heard a few rattlesnakes this week so be vigilant.

Sun May 05 2019

Thu Apr 25 2019

Went up the harder path and it was definitely difficult. Some parts get narrow but nothing bad. pretty steep at points too. The longer and easier path is also nice with good views. At the top it's nice to see all of Simi.

Thu Apr 11 2019

Great for a short hike or run. The views were amazing.

Sat Feb 16 2019

good hike. easy to moderate depending on which path you take. great views all around. we went right after a day of rain so was pretty muddy and had lots of puddles.

Sat Feb 16 2019

Nice trail, good climb, lightly trafficked. Parking can be difficult.

Sat Jan 26 2019

Really enjoyed the 1/2 mile up, difficult trail and the mile down the zigzag trail.

Mon Nov 26 2018

Starts uphill right away - lots of shortcuts to challenge yourself. We are new at this and moderately in shape - wasn’t easy in parts cardio wise but do-able. Narrow path but felt safe the whole way. Great view from the top and will do this one again