Wolf Ridge Trail

Wolf Ridge Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sausalito, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

Connect Miwok trail to the Wolf Ridge Trail to the Coastal Trail for this gorgeous loop. Stop by Rodeo Beach when your done!

Ran up to Wolf Ridge from Rodeo Lagoon, the views were stunning. If you are head I g up from the beach be prepared for a tough climb.

This trail was much more difficult than we were expecting; I would probably classify it as hard unless you're a hardcore hiker. We got as far as the Old Springs Trail intersection heading North before we had to cut down Old Springs because of thick mud. Even considering that, this was a challenging hike.

It was worth the challenge though, with some great views at the top of the hill out onto the ocean and the city below. The inclines were tough heading up but make sure you have decent hiking shoes on the way down; there's a few spots where if you slip you're gonna have a bad time. Crowds were moderate but not clustered together and most people had hiking or biking on the mind.

If you come for a hike through here make sure you stretch and aren't new to hiking; your legs and feet will hurt if you aren't.

Length: Moderate-Hard
Elevation: Moderate-Hard
Technical: Moderate
Crowd: Moderate

We did a variation of this trail. We took the Miwok trail to wolf ridge trail down to the coastal trail. It had enough of an elevation gain for us to consider it a hike.
There's lots of cool views and old buildings to check out. We took are time and enjoyed it all. We'd definitely do this hike again! Maybe even take it down to Muir beach.

Hiked the wolf ridge loop with my dog starting by Miwok. Beautiful views in the first half of the hike and treacherous downhills the second half. Overall it was a beautiful hike and I'd definitely do it again.

Monday, April 27, 2015

The area around is beautiful! If you're new to this park, I suggest going to the visitor center to get a free map. The guide at the desk showed me the endless options for loops in this park!

Heads up: some of this park is paved to accommodate cycling. This loop has paved roads. It was a little strange for me.

The loop listed is a good option for people looking for a steady, moderate hike. If you are looking to add difficulty, drop into Tennessee Valley and take the extend costal road back to your car! Adds a nice challenge to the hike.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

This trail was beautiful.
We took a trail down to the beach from here, then cut back up a couple miles later.
Absolutely beautiful.