Winton Road Trail is a 10.2 mile out and back trail located near West Point, California that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Length10.2 miElevation gain1286 ftRoute typeOut & back
Recordings (2)
Completed (2)
View user's profile page
Ashley Viekko
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 25, 2020
HikingBugsPrivate property
First to Review

BEARS BEARS BEARS BEARS!!!!! I went by myself like an idiot since no one would come with me and at one point was surrounded by a mother with two cubs on one side of the creek and a HUGGGGGEEEE brown bear male on the other. After twenty minutes of severe panicking (I had my two small dogs and a lunch packed on me) I turned around and hauled ass outta there. Also on my way back I got a speeding ticket as it’s an open highway but only 55. Super pretty honestly. I might attempt it again with another person, Bear horn and bear mace but not until I forget about how terrifying this last experience was. ALSO I’m not sure if this is a private logging road or what but there are some signs posted and a fence in a certain area saying no motorized vehicles but nothing about hiking.

View Ashley's Recording
View user's profile page
Pilar C
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 15, 2019
Hiking