Wind Wolves Preserve Trail

Wind Wolves Preserve Trail is a 7.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bakersfield, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I've been up here a couple of times times now and I really enjoy it. There seems to be trails for every skill level and the scenery and views are absolutely beautiful.

Would be very nice in the spring. However, if you are planning to go during the summer prepare for being in direct sunlight for a few hours as there is not much shade through much of the trail. Has a few large rest areas with drinkable water and bathrooms but the gazebos are largely filled with either rats or wasp nests. Fairly clean although there is the occasional bit of litter and it seams people have been nocking over the few rock cairns that were set up. Over all it's an ok hike. Head up to the reflection pond at the far end if you want to make things a little more difficult, it's a gamble if there is even water in there during the summer.

I go here all the time since it's so close to my house. Obviously much greener in the spring but still a good workout even though it's yellow this time of year.

Nice day trip hike

I had alot of fun on this trail, till my tire decided to not hold air. The waterfall is still flowing, as of July 8 2017. The creek isnt flowing very well though.

I came here to mountian bike and the trailheads say no bikes, but theres a gravel road you can ride on. After a mile of that I said screw it and went on the trail. The trail is alot of fun amd good workout going in, coming back is all down hill and a good combo of technical and flow! The problem is that when you are coming back you can be coming around a bend and run into hikers, hence the no mountian biking signs. I went early morning so luckily there was no one there and that didn't happen to me.

Again awesome trail and I will definitely be back!