Wind Wolves Preserve Trail

Wind Wolves Preserve Trail is a 7.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bakersfield, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy relaxing trail :)

Icon views. Easy but worth it and great for kids and all levels of hiker. Absolutely gorgeous.

Awesome for the family. My wife and I have four kids ages 13, 10, 6, and 2. We had a great time. The park trail has pick nick tables into the hike, which is awesome for the little ones to take a break....

very nice and place to walk on it, I did all the 7.8 miles by my self and my camera canon gx7, backpack with 20lb and water, 2 hours going to the end and 1hr going back to where it start, I really enjoyed it. thank you,
by the way I love your application it work super nice it help a lot.

Love this app. I really helps keep you motivated.

what a great morning hike with my daughter just a little over 9 miles felt amazing saw lits if birds and some deer early in the morning would love too do it again

Great easy walk. Peaceful. The doggies loved it!

Great trail during early spring! Just do it before it gets too hot!

love this place. many trails, kid friendly. great place to make memories with your children and/or grandkids.

great trail! I would rate it as heavily trafficked. Good for dogs. Be advised that shade is non existent for much of the trail, so bring plenty of water and sunscreen.

Love it!

So fun with our kiddos!

A must go with the family.

Love this place, been here a handful of times.

I think it is worth clarifying that hiking here is easy if you follow the mountain bike trail and head back on the San Emigdio Canyon trail. If you want something more challenging take the Tule Elk trail instead of the mountain bike trail. You will chew up elevation the first two miles. There is an amazing view from the lookout area. Nearly everyone turns around there so if you just keep going there will be nobody left but you and the wildlife. There are animals everywhere! I was even overrun on the trail by a herd of sheep. The irony is that I saw everything except Elk.

It was fun and easy. Loved it

Great trail! The views are great and the trail is very easy. I didn’t get to the reflective pond though, another hiker told me its empty right now.

Excellent trails

Beautiful hike, even with the fog!

We were very discouraged on way in seeing oil mining (?) and endless flat farmland but once in the park it’s apparent how well kept and loved this 93,000 acre park is. Fantastic for dogs (FYI there are mountain lions and coyotes, practice safety!), easy parking, easy camping, great views, very few people on a three day weekend... can’t go wrong here. Day 1 was heavy fog, gave it a romantic eery feeling. Day 2 was clear, revealing epic scenery! Can’t wait to come back. Rangers were great. Since it’s a non profit it’s completely free entry and camping. This place is an undiscovered gem and we are fortunate to have stumbled upon it.

Finally got a chance to head out there and check it out some and it’s definitely something I’d do again. While I didn’t hike the full trail, the part that I did get to see was great.

Great area small area to hiking with a lot of unused roads and paths to follow if daring

It's very easy, kids can enjoy it and have a great time

I've been up here a couple of times times now and I really enjoy it. There seems to be trails for every skill level and the scenery and views are absolutely beautiful.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Would be very nice in the spring. However, if you are planning to go during the summer prepare for being in direct sunlight for a few hours as there is not much shade through much of the trail. Has a few large rest areas with drinkable water and bathrooms but the gazebos are largely filled with either rats or wasp nests. Fairly clean although there is the occasional bit of litter and it seams people have been nocking over the few rock cairns that were set up. Over all it's an ok hike. Head up to the reflection pond at the far end if you want to make things a little more difficult, it's a gamble if there is even water in there during the summer.

Friday, July 21, 2017

I go here all the time since it's so close to my house. Obviously much greener in the spring but still a good workout even though it's yellow this time of year.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Nice day trip hike

Saturday, July 08, 2017

I had alot of fun on this trail, till my tire decided to not hold air. The waterfall is still flowing, as of July 8 2017. The creek isnt flowing very well though.

I came here to mountian bike and the trailheads say no bikes, but theres a gravel road you can ride on. After a mile of that I said screw it and went on the trail. The trail is alot of fun amd good workout going in, coming back is all down hill and a good combo of technical and flow! The problem is that when you are coming back you can be coming around a bend and run into hikers, hence the no mountian biking signs. I went early morning so luckily there was no one there and that didn't happen to me.

Again awesome trail and I will definitely be back!

Sunday, June 11, 2017

This is a Moderate/ easy trail it's up hill the first mile then it becomes flat. We only went about 2.5 miles up and had to turn around because the foxtails was bothering our dog