Willow Creek Trail

Willow Creek Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bass Lake, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Willow creek trailhead starts at Willow creek parking area off of road 274. The trail ends at McLeod Flat road. The two main attractions to Willow Creek trail are Angel Falls and Devil's Slide. The rocks in this area are extremely slippery, so be careful.

The gnats, flies, and mosquitos are awful right now, (mid August). We almost turned around and went back because they were attacking us so bad, even with a lot of bug spray! The entire trail was swamped with them. We did not have this issues when we came earlier this year in June.

Drove up today, couldn't figure out where to park my Jeep, walked out a bit and ended up at the lake which was nice. No trail marker or trail head... I was hiking alone today so I opted for a few other trails with markers. Disappointed I couldn't find the trail. Will be going back again to figure it out.

This is honestly my favorite place to go to just get away and relax. The trail is hard to see and find at certain times but you figure it out. There is so much to see and once you're done with your hike you can climb back down and take a swim in the creek. The water is so nice and there are so many beautiful places to find and relax at up the creek. This is my spot, I always have a good time here.

We did this trail today and had no idea where to start or where to go. There's no trail marker showing where the trail starts, after you park there's at least five pathways that could be trails. We picked one and just started walking. The river and scenery is beautiful there's a lot of places to go swimming. On the way back we found the actual trail... I think. But even that trail is hard to navigate it forks off a lot and disappears completely a few times. I would come back here but just know when you go you're on your own when it comes to navigation.

come here all the time. one of my top hiking spots. also remember it is a nudist destination so i wouldn't say it is too kid friendly.

Once you get to where you need to be it's awesome. Only three stars for me because parts of the trail are not clearly marked and you can lose your way. Also for those prone to mosquitos have spray handy!

Very nice place to take good pictures and to spend time highly recommended

The trail is really hard to find/follow at various points. Pretty falls, but bring bug spray as there are tons of flies and gnats and mosquitoes.

Decent trail. Easy to get off the trail and lose your way just a bit. The river was beautiful and was a nice reward after dealing with tons of gnats! My advice is bring plenty of bug spray. The only downer of this trail was the litter that people drop at the parking area and the trail itself. Other than that it was a fun hike.