Willow Creek Trail

Willow Creek Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bass Lake, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Willow creek trailhead starts at Willow creek parking area off of road 274. The trail ends at McLeod Flat road. The two main attractions to Willow Creek trail are Angel Falls and Devil's Slide. The rocks in this area are extremely slippery, so be careful.

see also Angel Falls Loop....

great hike with amazing views. Trail is a little difficult to find/follow in some spots but dont give up....its sooo worth it at the top!

Highly recommended not to hard of a hike if you start from the upper road, hidden parking on a dirt trail. Go all the way to the top very slipper rocks, but wear your swim suit at the top there’s 3 holes you can jump into about 6-8ft deep so much fun and so refreshing after hiking the trail. Hike on the trail on the left of the falls.

This place is amazing we whent swimming and took a small walk. The water is so close to the parking lot you don’t have to walk like 3 miles to get to the waterfalls. I love this place. Please pick up after yourself.

I kept saying to myself why would I ever leave Ca! World class scenery and cool water to keep you going! Bring water it gets hot!

***Bring Mosquito Repellant or wear long sleeves.
Pretty steep in some places.
Can be muddy.
Trail can be difficult to follow.
Amazing views. Especially on the way back.
Gorgeous waterfalls.
Rapid current.

The trail was moderate on the left side of the river when ascending and difficult on the right side. The pools were fun to play in.

beautiful hike, but it can get hot. not a lot of foot traffic for a Saturday. we would have missed the trail if we didn't have the AllTrails app, so I recommend if you go on this trail to look carefully for parts of it. waterfall and scenery were gorgeous.

After the wooden bridge early on, you need to go up some rocks to the right, which is not clear at all as a trail goes straight right along the creek too. Watch out for the poison oak. Nice short hike.

Went off the path a little bit but well worth it.

Easy to find and very peaceful. We went at 8 am and had most of the trail to ourselves. We went past the falls to sit right next to the water and eat our breakfast. When we hiked back (around 11am) there were very large crowds on both sides of the falls. Go early to beat the crowds! Also don't forget the mosquito repllent. I was bitten a few times on the parts of my body that I missed.

A little tricky to follow, but worth it! Beautiful swimming holes scattered all the way up the creek. Caution: LOTS of poison oak - anyone severely allergic should make sure to be careful. The trail snakes up and down and all around and requires a lot of bushwhacking. Another note: please please PLEASE collect your trash from any area you stop and swim. Keep these areas enjoyable for everyone.

I enjoyed this trail but when you go, do not forget to put on mosquito repellent! Sooo many mosquitos out there. Parts of the trail were confusing, I had to use this app for the map part a lot. It starts off very steep, I ran out of breath so fast lol. It’s nicely shaded and the waterfalls are beautiful! Would do this trail again.

Very nice trail along the creek in a lush green forest, with a beautiful overlook at Bass Lake. Beautiful flowers all around the trail as well as in the water! The only problem is that in certain parts the trail is not marked so needs some wondering around. Also at one point you have to cross a road to continue the trail on the other side. A nice way to enjoy 2-3 hours at the Bass Lake area.

Tons of mosquitos- wear spray! We were eaten alive around 10am

Beautiful trail with spectacular waterfalls.

This trail was amazing! The sites were beautiful. The trailhead was hard to find and we did make our own paths along the river. We did not complete it, but it was still worth it. It was a family outing including our kids ages 7-11. They loved the views,trail, flowing rivers, climbing rocks and experience. We will surely do it again!

4/25/18 - This was a great hike! The trailhead was a bit difficult to find, and it split off a few different ways, but was overall a beautiful hike along the river. There were no other people out there at all when we went, so it made the hike very peaceful. We love finding under-advertised and less known hikes like this. I would definitely recommend this hike to anyone in the area, as it is a beautiful hike. It was not too long and not too short (our loop was only about 2.7 miles, but the trail did seem to go longer).

A few things to note would be that the trail is, in some places, very difficult to find and follow. We made our own path along the river in a few places. One of the routes across the river according to the map is not an option (it was a shady-looking zip line type thing that was locked up so no one could use it to get across). We crossed later on over a fallen tree and eventually found the trail again on the other side. Also, bring bug spray! With so many pools of stagnant water along the way, the bugs are very thick!

The parking was easy to find (we used Siri and followed her directions to the location) but we got lost following the trail so we ended up forging our own path by following the river upstream. This hike is beautiful though and it is worth it to see the waterfalls.

A nice hike. Easy access off the hwy. I had a quiet and peaceful hike. No other hikers, but I like that. A little windy on top.

Awesome!

Beautiful trail. Parking was not clear. I did not complete the entire loop. Will definitely do this trail again! I did this trail 3 weeks ago. Just now writing the review.

Beware! People are allowed to shoot guns 30 yards away from the top of the loop. Not knowing wtf was happening, we literally ducked for cover behind some rocks and called 911. The sheriff said shooting is legal there as long as they are not shooting at you!

We grabbed the dog and ran. Unbelievable.

We did this hike. There seem to be many starting points. We took one that was more than moderate in difficulty. It was also very steep going down. I thought it was a fun and beautiful hike down to the rock waterfalls. I definitely would not take my kids or dog on this trail. However, I would do the hike again. Lots of bugs.

First hike ever on this trail. Loved it ❤

Very good recent comments. If you want more 'adventure' then stay on the left (west) side of the creek going upstream. Good bushwhacking & boulder hopping, wereas the east side is a rather boring foothill trail that is not very close to the river. You can manage a crossing in these days/years of low water. The west side becomes impassable as the stream changes direction from N-S to E-W.

Beautiful views. Very difficult to navigate at first, but as soon as we found the trail it was an easy hike. Great for dogs and kids.

Beautiful views. Parking was confusing because it looked like a driveway so we parked on the road a ways down which made the bugs even worse. But we found the parking on our way back.

Love this area just be ready for mosquitos.