Willow Creek OHV Trail

Willow Creek OHV Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips and off road driving.

Distance: 6.3 miles Elevation Gain: 948 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

very easy trail for beginners with great views

off road driving

Great trail made it my 2wd tundra with some friends in there 2wd rigs would recommend it to anyone there is such a beautiful view get away from the city but to see more check it out on my YouTube channel dna adventure great place

off road driving

Fun trail with hills, deep ruts and exposed rocks. It could look intimidating on some areas but once I walked out and surveyed the site it was totally manageable with my stock Wrangler Moab edition. You can also go straight to civilization instead of trailing back to your starting point. You can check how I did it on my recording. I forgot to record from the beginning. I did the trail from the West to East with little end part in just over an hour. It’s much easier and shorter that way.

By far my favorite trail. I took my stock Sahara and had a blast! There's a bunch of puddles and mud to play around in. This trail allows you to practice in every terrain. It gives you sand, rocks, water, and different lines to travel on. I will be coming back to this trail!

off road driving

Great trail, probably a bit more difficult going east to west, but west to east it connects to other trails to come out behind lake arrowhead. Most of it can be done in 2wd with a vehicle that has decent clearance.

off road driving

Great trail, leads to all kinds of other places. Found an old dirt airport. Camped for 2 days and never hit the same road

off road driving

Great Trail For Offroading!! Leads to other trails! Definitely need 4x4 and some clearance! Check it out!

off road driving

Awesome trail. Just did it yesterday. Snow and water creeks everywhere!!!! My rubicon climbed without problems. A Ram 1500 4x4 had a little trouble but was able to make it. Snow/all terrain tires are a must. Definitely a moderate trail when it snows. I had done this trail in the summer and is much easier.

The rain must have washed out the trails and rutted it REALLY badly because we got there and I have a power wagon and was barely making the trail, my cousin in a Forrester got literally 50 yards in and had to turn around going to the right on the entrance. Left side of the entrance was even worse...

off road driving

We really like this trail but I am not sure who assigns the ratings… It is definitely easy to moderate for approximately 80 to 85% of the trail but the other remaining small percentage is difficult and requires a spotter m, four-wheel-drive and a high clearance vehicle. Perhaps it is more rutted and washed out than it was when it was given a rating of “easy“ but there are definitely some parts that are not easy and are fairly technical on this trail – beware if you are not experienced or do not have the appropriate vehicle. We ran this trail on 1/21/19 and there are several nice mud puddles/water crossings due to recent rain and snowfall!! Overall very fun!

I accidentally took the difficult trail

off road driving

My friends family and I ran this trail today unfortunately there was a huge tree blocking the road about 5 min into the trail so we end up taking 3N34 and it was pretty cool it's a moderate to a lil hard trail not enough mud but just enough to get dirty, will come back again...

off road driving

We took this trail w. Our Small kids, We really enjoyed it perfect for beginners, Were definitely going back and hope to see water next time, note be careful w. Dirt bikes. Nov 23...2018

Great trail with great views. A few minor technical areas but nothing crazy. Great for a first time Jeeper. Will definitely come back. Definitely need 4x4 and clearance.

Awesome trail with great view. Relatively easy with a proper 4x4 and high clearance. If you don’t have low range and decent tires, i would recommend finishing the trail with 2N75 towards lake arrowhead instead of coming back the way you came. Steep climb and some decent ruts (nov 2018) might be a little tricky. No water crossing at this time.

Monday, August 13, 2018

First time taking the lifted 4Runner out. No water in August, but some technical areas. No scraping of the vehicle. In 4 High most of the time, put it in 4 Low on one incline, and one decline. Took 2N75 back to Arrowhead to make a quick trip back to the house.

Friday, July 20, 2018

Super simple trail, we went during July and no creak water crossing. Not a bad trail though, super easy didn’t even engage 4x. Lifted sequoia.

Monday, July 09, 2018

My husband and I are first time jeepers. This was definitely a fun one for us. There were a couple challenging parts but we did it just fine in our stock Rubicon.

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Was a perfect little trail, plenty of areas to explore and even let my sister drive my Jeep to try to off-road (now she wants one) trails are very clean, no graffiti or trash. The last little bit where you come to the water you can either park or if you have the clearance then you can drive down there as well. Even saw some wild trout down at the pond at the end.

Saturday, June 02, 2018

Great hike with great views. Watch out for ticks!!! Both my dogs and I had them. This would be best during the fall.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Today was my first time doing off road. I love this trail. I recommend it for beginners. Too much fun!!!

Sunday, February 25, 2018

This a really fun trail to be on first of all is don’t be stock. I ran the trail in a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2l bone stock and had a difficult time on some parts of the trail. A lift kit and bigger tires goes along way on this trail. In all the wild life along the trail was fun to see.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

This is a great Trail with easy and hard sections to choose from. This trail also takes you to Devils Hole which you must have a 4x4 vehicle to get down and get back up if not you will get stuck. Great creek area to visit. Please don’t liter and help keep these trails clean for everyone’s enjoyment.

Monday, December 04, 2017

Friday, November 24, 2017

Did this one with a few friends on enduro dirt bikes, some serious climbs mostly in easy to intermediate with lots of sandy corners and some loose rock areas. Each of us went down at least once throughout the course of the day mostly due to thick sand.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Three of us took our dual sports out on this trail. There's was no water likely due to the drought. Huge patches of thick sand and was easy to lose control, some stretches of of rocky terrain and some areas of thick rain ruts. Over all more technical than "easy" I would way. Maybe in a Jeep it would be easy but on dual sports more of a moderate technical ride.