Willow Creek Jeep Trail

Willow Creek Jeep Trail is a 6.5 mile out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, California that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for off road driving.

off road driving

Did this one with a few friends on enduro dirt bikes, some serious climbs mostly in easy to intermediate with lots of sandy corners and some loose rock areas. Each of us went down at least once throughout the course of the day mostly due to thick sand.

off road driving

Three of us took our dual sports out on this trail. There's was no water likely due to the drought. Huge patches of thick sand and was easy to lose control, some stretches of of rocky terrain and some areas of thick rain ruts. Over all more technical than "easy" I would way. Maybe in a Jeep it would be easy but on dual sports more of a moderate technical ride.

off road driving

Nice trail for anyone with a high clearance 4x4. Easy but not "easy" in the sense of a dirt forest service road. Very hilly and a lot of decent sized, but not-very-sharp rocks. Beautiful views through a variety of scenery mountain and desert scenery. Creek crossings make it interesting, although they were barely more than a trickle when I went through. Encountered regular traffic late morning on a Saturday in June, but not too much to be pleasant.

off road driving

This the first trail my gf and I chose from the trail app, I would say it's perfect for beginner off roaders. We went on the perfect day yesterday, due to the fact that there was rain, and snow, so we got go through several big puddles, and mudding areas and ended up in a nice green area with snow and snow falling.

off road driving

Great for a 1st run- we had our 6 and 4 yr old boys and they loved it. A few sections were challenging, but it was great for testing the limits of our 2013 Jeep...definitely going out again. We met a really nice couple who was very familiar & experienced with the terrain - they guided us through some of the more challenging sections and made sure we made it out safely.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Great trail for the novice and beginner off road driver. This trail offers some breathtaking views of the mountains and high desert. As Steve mentioned, there are options! So if you aren't feeling to adventurous, you can take the easy route. Pay close attention to ATV traffic as they tend to run a little wild at times. I have had a few close calls!! Road conditions are known to change so if you choose to take a difficult route it may be best to go with another vehicle. I have seen a couple vehicles get stuck. Always be prepared for the worst. Overall this is a great trail and highly recommend it. You can purchase a local trail map at the Jensen's Market in Cedar Glen, its a good simple guide and very helpful. Totally worth the couple bucks when coming up your first time.

Monday, May 07, 2012

This is a nice off road excursion, where you can decide between easy but roughly graded routes, or a more difficult route that ties into other 4WD trails in the area. There's something for everyone here.

The water crossings are fun and willow creek itself is the largest. I had my license plate submerged at one point during the crossing. FUN! These conditions obviously would vary greatly based on how much rain there's been.

Most of the trail is green rated, but there's a section of blue that's fun and a little challenging for a newbie like me, but it's nothing any stock 4WD with good clearance couldn't handle.

There is a fair amount of traffic with Jeeps, trucks, Rhino's and motorcycles, and we even ran into a few hikers too. Most interesting though was the Southern Pacific Rattlesnake. Watch out for those if you're planning on exploring on foot.