Willow Creek OHV Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips and ohv/off road driving.

Distance: 6.3 miles Elevation Gain: 948 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

ohv/off road driving

It was definitely very intimidating at the beginning on the downhill I did with a stock 2020 4Runner SR5.. for a moment I didn’t know if I was going to be able to do it. Once you’re past the first downhill everything else is pretty much easy. I wouldn’t recommend this road if you don’t have a nice clearance. You may not use the 4 x 4 a lot I don’t think you should do it with a 4X2

ohv/off road driving

Cool trail for a moderate driver/car. Definitely worth the go but maybe not if you don’t have somewhat decent clearance. There are a couple spots you could definitely get stuck if you didn’t have an off-roading vehicle.

ohv/off road driving

Must use 4WD on this trail. We took our Subaru Outback and encountered 6 sketchy hills with rocks, but, we made it through!

ohv/off road driving

Super fun trail. I'd say any moderate 4x4 can get through no problem. A lift would be helpful when it's wet because there are some significant water obstacles.

ohv/off road driving

Great in the beginning and end appears like it’d be super easy. But holy moly is the middle difficult and washed out and rocky. Took a few hours and my Raptor did great but the sign in the front says “Willow Jeep Trail” and I think it really is a Jeep Trail. Other than that it was super fun just be prepared it’s not a fire style trail!

ohv/off road driving

The trail is awesome! It gets into moderate difficulty almost immediately and I wouldn’t recommend it for a vehicle with no lift and stock tires. We turned around at about one mile in due to the difficulty of the trail and we were by ourselves if we managed to get stuck. We were driving a Jeep Wrangler with 2.5” of lift and 33s. Plenty of clearance but the trail did get steep and technical...not for newbies to go it alone. Can’t wait to get some friends together and do it again.

absolutley love this spot, I've done it in the summer plenty of times and in the snow once. My stock tacoma TRD offroad made it in the snow but did need to use maxtracks to get out. In the summer I never had a problem. Also its next to a shooting range so i usually like to get some target practice in too!

flooded

Good trail with options to explore off of it. Flooded out in some areas, very rocky in others but our 4WD Lexus made it through with some careful driving. A good time for sure though. Would recommend only 4WD to attempt.

ohv/off road driving

fun trail with the kids and dogs.

very easy trail for beginners with great views

ohv/off road driving

Great trail made it my 2wd tundra with some friends in there 2wd rigs would recommend it to anyone there is such a beautiful view get away from the city but to see more check it out on my YouTube channel dna adventure great place

ohv/off road driving

Fun trail with hills, deep ruts and exposed rocks. It could look intimidating on some areas but once I walked out and surveyed the site it was totally manageable with my stock Wrangler Moab edition. You can also go straight to civilization instead of trailing back to your starting point. You can check how I did it on my recording. I forgot to record from the beginning. I did the trail from the West to East with little end part in just over an hour. It’s much easier and shorter that way.

Mon May 13 2019

By far my favorite trail. I took my stock Sahara and had a blast! There's a bunch of puddles and mud to play around in. This trail allows you to practice in every terrain. It gives you sand, rocks, water, and different lines to travel on. I will be coming back to this trail!

Sun May 12 2019

Great trail, probably a bit more difficult going east to west, but west to east it connects to other trails to come out behind lake arrowhead. Most of it can be done in 2wd with a vehicle that has decent clearance.

Sun May 05 2019

Great trail, leads to all kinds of other places. Found an old dirt airport. Camped for 2 days and never hit the same road

Sat Apr 06 2019

Great Trail For Offroading!! Leads to other trails! Definitely need 4x4 and some clearance! Check it out!

Wed Feb 06 2019

Awesome trail. Just did it yesterday. Snow and water creeks everywhere!!!! My rubicon climbed without problems. A Ram 1500 4x4 had a little trouble but was able to make it. Snow/all terrain tires are a must. Definitely a moderate trail when it snows. I had done this trail in the summer and is much easier.

Tue Jan 29 2019

The rain must have washed out the trails and rutted it REALLY badly because we got there and I have a power wagon and was barely making the trail, my cousin in a Forrester got literally 50 yards in and had to turn around going to the right on the entrance. Left side of the entrance was even worse...

Tue Jan 22 2019

We really like this trail but I am not sure who assigns the ratings… It is definitely easy to moderate for approximately 80 to 85% of the trail but the other remaining small percentage is difficult and requires a spotter m, four-wheel-drive and a high clearance vehicle. Perhaps it is more rutted and washed out than it was when it was given a rating of “easy“ but there are definitely some parts that are not easy and are fairly technical on this trail – beware if you are not experienced or do not have the appropriate vehicle. We ran this trail on 1/21/19 and there are several nice mud puddles/water crossings due to recent rain and snowfall!! Overall very fun!

Sun Jan 20 2019

I accidentally took the difficult trail

Wed Jan 02 2019

My friends family and I ran this trail today unfortunately there was a huge tree blocking the road about 5 min into the trail so we end up taking 3N34 and it was pretty cool it's a moderate to a lil hard trail not enough mud but just enough to get dirty, will come back again...

Fri Nov 23 2018

We took this trail w. Our Small kids, We really enjoyed it perfect for beginners, Were definitely going back and hope to see water next time, note be careful w. Dirt bikes. Nov 23...2018