San Simeon Bay Trail

San Simeon Bay Trail is a 4.3 mile out and back trail located near San Simeon, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Gorgeous mix of forest and ocean/coastal scenery. Small places where you can climb down to the ocean. Highly recommend.

One of the most beautiful hikes I’ve ever done

Wonderful hike offering tons of great views. Many different terrains from walking on the beach, into the dense forest of pines, out onto the bluffs above the ocean and across rolling fields to the point offering a great view of the entire landscape for miles on either side. Finished hike with a trip to the Hearst winery across the parking mot for wine and cheese in the afternoon sun.

I've done this one many times and love to return for a quiet walk with beach, trees, ocean views, etc. Just a lovely walk.

Beautiful hike, about half was in the trees with peekaboo views of the ocean. The trail had several tree lined picturesque views. It was relatively flat except for the areas where you had to walk through the sand. Pet owners were disappointing when they had their dogs unleashed and not under voice control.
We would recommend walking to the end of the trail as there are more beautiful beach and ocean vistas to see. It was a comfortable walk of about 1hour 45 minutes with stops for pictures and water.

Beautiful trail, took my family and had a blast, good enough to get in a work out but easy enough for my kids to keep up. The views are amazing and the little beach at the end is a nice relaxing spot, water is clear and sand is beautiful. Highly recommend it.

Awesome trail! Fun for all ages! Took my 4 year old, 8 year old, and 11 year old and they loved it! Went along with my husband, my brother in law, my brother and sister as well. It was not difficult, we went through some paths that required extra caution but avoiding those areas makes it a very easy trail. It's long enough to get good steps in and the views are amazing!

Beautiful landscape with few people on the trail. Elephant seals were hanging out at the coffee at the end and even a deer was chilling on the bluffs.

Did it barefoot and it was quite enjoyable for the most part. A lot of thistles and poison ivy on the beginning and a few red and colonies hear the end, but a very nice walk nonetheless.

This was a great way to spend a a few hours. The beginning of this trail is a little bit difficult to find but when you find it the reward is amazing. There is a sense of peace and serenity as you walk this beautiful trail. There is a feeling of being in the deep forest yet you look to the left and see the crystal blue ocean. I highly recommend this unforgettable hike to anyone that has forgotten how beautiful California is. Great family hike.

Great hike ... lots of great views and it's a very easy for all skill levels. Best part we got to see lots of elephant seal at the end of the trail..

There is no official name for this hike whatsoever..... I only found it because a local directed me to it. Otherwise you park, see no signs and are confused. When you find it, however, it's amazingly beautiful!! Like no hike I've ever been on!!

Great views. Easy for first timers.

great trail, kind of hard at start in locating start of trail. best to park by the pier.

Beautiful hike! Great views of wildlife.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Gorgeous

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Great easy hike. Dog friendly and beautiful views.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Easy, safe footing. Very scenic. Differing gorgeous views.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Great views and amazing moment for pictures. The walk was easy.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Truly a beautiful part of the California coast! I've been all up and down CA, this location was truly majestic! I hiked on a Tuesday during spring break. I only saw a few folks on the trail and most went to the first point and turned around. I spent a total of 2 hours on the trail exploring with my dog, for an entire hour I didn't see anyone!

There's a fantastic little food stop by the park. They even had wine!

The beach wasn't crowded at all. A few families were set up for a beach day and that's it. Some folks were fishing off the pier and some were kayaking. I saw dolphins swimming by the point too! I highly recommend this easy trail for novice and experienced hikers for the scenery alone! Not much for a hard workout though.

I plan on returning to the area again with my kids.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Great trail once we worked out where the trail started.