Wilder Ridge, Baldwin, Ohlone Bluff and Old Cove Landing Trail

Wilder Ridge, Baldwin, Ohlone Bluff and Old Cove Landing Trail is a 12.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Cruz, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

beach

cave

It was a great hike but not marked well. I definitely went a different trail for part of it. Thank goodness I remembered that I had the app. The GPS saved us today. Bring snacks and water. A piece of advice- don’t start this hike late in the day. Made the mistake and had a bit of an adventure getting back to the car.

Not very well marked...thank God for this ap! It was spot on. The views are wonderful!

To each their own but I'm not sure how this trail gets 4.5 stars. Overall, I would not recommend this for hiking but perhaps better for mountain biking. This trail offers little to no shade for the majority of the hike. Perhaps it would be better in another season, but definitely not good in the Summer. The amount of flies on the coastal section is awful too. I would never consider this hike again. The views of the ocean are ok but there's much better hikes in the Bay Area offering much more scenery and far better views. Bring lots of water as mentioned, there's no shade on this hike at all.

Such an awesome hike! We hit the trail around 6:30 am and saw a ton of wildlife: deer, a coyote, snakes, lizards, hares, and all sorts of birds. We definitely preferred the upper part of the trail rather than the coastal side. By the time we crossed Highway 1 it was a lot warmer and there were more people and bikes. I would definitely recommend the Ridge Trail if you're into wildlife and sweeping vistas, and Ohlone Bluffs if you're more into wildflowers and cliff side views of the ocean.

Great trail. I mostly enjoyed hiking along the coast. Parts of the trail east of PCH was fun but not as picturesque.

Easy hike with beautiful views of the ocean.

Amazing views

Nice trail! Near the ocean for about 6-7 miles, then crosses highway 1 inland. Most of the trail is exposed, not too many shaded areas. Wonderful views.