Wild Plum Loop Trail

Wild Plum Loop Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sierra City, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 393 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice trail I ended up going on the haypress creek trail which is more challenging but the views were stunning. Loved walking through the remote area and Tahoe National Forest.

Did this hike by myself with my dog. Very easy and enjoyable. Did it mid October and saw not one person. There were times where I thought I was off trail, so make sure to load the map to your phone beforehand as there is no service out there (Verizon). I did the loop counter clockwise. It met up with the PCT and I took a right where it eventually crossed over a bridge to a waterfall. Once you get to the dead end where it meets the gravel road, take a right and you will later meet back up at the campground. Highly recommend doing it in the fall with all the beautiful fall foliage.

Friday, June 24, 2016

I loved this hike! I hiked it with my 4 year old in a backpack. It was beautiful and very easy to navigate. Word of advice - bring bug spray! The mosquitos are abundant as soon as the hike begins.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Great trail! Shaded and a few switchbacks but nothing too strenuous. There were a couple waterfalls on this trail including the Loves Fall. Beautiful views and pretty well marked. Great loop even if you're out of shape. *Bonus: It connects to the PCT trail too!*

Sunday, July 01, 2018