Wiashal Trail Loop to Cole Canyon

Wiashal Trail Loop to Cole Canyon is a 1.7 mile loop trail located near Murrieta, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

The beginning of the trail is very basic and does not require much skill. As you progress toward the hill you can either go left and hike to the top of the hill or right and swing around the base of the hill. I prefer to climb to the top of the hill because the views are great especially as the sun is setting. Wear sun protection if you are hiking on a sunny day, this is a quick hike but there is little shade. Also, be aware of snakes, I hike this trail often and recently saw 2 baby rattlesnakes in different areas of the trail. Watch your step!

I wished I had brought a machete or clippers of some kind. A lot of over growth of bushes and trees along the path. Glad I wore long pants and long sleeves. This trail is not for the beginner. Lots of steep inclines. I loved it and will return again...with my clippers.

Great short(ish) trail. Can pick it up either at Santa Rosa plateau, or via various copper canyon neighborhood streets. Not a ton of wildlife; but great shade, a well kept trail, and some great great views. An easy morning jaunt where three miles can be hammered out in about an hour. Not terribly crowded when I take it (usually 6am on weekdays).

Not only can it be hiked round trip, but a 4+ mile point to point via copper canyon and Santa Rosa is another excellent option.

Enjoy!

A lot of fun with great scenery