Whittier Greenway Trail is a 10.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Whittier, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 10.3 miles Elevation Gain: 180 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

city walk

bridge out

This is a nice and kept paved trail. If you are looking for distance I certainly recommend this trail. I hike with my kids and my son (12)felt 5mi was long. My toddler was sick and was in her stroller the whole time. Very little shade so bring sun hats or umbrella. This is stroller friendly, dog friendly and bike friendly. I’d say this is a great trail for runners and bikers. Most people are friendly but you do come across homeless walking and sometimes behind the grown bushes. Definitely recommend doing this hike with company and during day light. There are many cross streets so this is not a straight trail.

Well established city trail that often has walkers, runners, and cyclists. I have ran this trail and it is pretty level for the most part. Great little trail to train on for flat ground if you are a runner. There are several intersections you need to cross so if you are running or cycling it will not be a straight shot without stopping.

very well marked out and pleasant trail. in town. easy.

Went for a bike ride. Clean trail, however too much dismounting due to the crosswalks. not much shade, best part was going over the bridge.

Fun ride. If you get to the 605 you can ride all the way down to the beach.

bridge out

Easy best to ride early in the morning or afternoon.

Honestly, we went here as like a Plan F, when every other trail in the Whittier Hills seemed closed. My dog wasn't crazy about this trail (as you can see in the pics), but I thought it was oddly interesting: a view of the ruins of a car wash, framed by palm trees and an old truss bridge; blooming citruses next to old factories; postmodern condos next to a used car lot guarded by pit bulls. Definitely an urban trail, but I like the contrasts. The trail is an old "rails to trails," meaning it is flat, paved, and wide. It is well maintained and nicely landscaped. No bathrooms that I saw, but lots of trash cans and poop bag dispensers for your doggie.

Trail close before and after rain.

very easy and pretty much paved...no rest rooms or water fountains...sporadically shaded...you know the drill then ?

I live quite close to this trail. We walk our dogs a few blocks and have biked the whole trail a few times. There are usually people, but not crowed. Has separate paths for bikes and walking. Nice landscaping. On some ends they have work out areas. The path is asphalt paved and dirt paved. Would be great if it was extended to Brea. There are parking areas one at Mills St, and others in the middle and other end. I took my granddaughter who is 2 for about 3 blocks of the trail she liked it. FYI they have dog poo bag station, but are always empty. bring doggie poo bags. It is ashame that more dog parents don't clean up after their pup. It is still a clean trail that is maintained.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Nice trail for biking, it is a bit sketchy so please go with a group. But still fine for kids :D