White Slough Long Loop

White Slough Long Loop is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stockton, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Easy walk on a delta levee which circles private farm land.

Very flat and super windy. Beautiful landscape.

Pretty good trail. It's really flat, and there's not a whole lot to look at, but there aren't many people so you can enjoy the trail to yourself. Good for putting in miles if you're trying to train for something. Depending on which way you go, there's a gate which makes part of the trail private property so it isn't a true loop, but the gate isn't very tall so.... if you wanted to make it a loop you could. I'm not encouraging trespassing, and what you decide to do is completely on you. I'm not responsible if you break the law.

easy, you can take the whole family

It seemed like it took forever since most of the time you are looking into an empty field. This was my first time but overall I did like it so it wouldn’t be my last.

I did the entire 8.4 mile loop this morning. I started at the entry on Voyager and went South and did the loop clockwise. So I was surprised to find at mile 7 (mile one if you go the other way) a gate across the levee marking it as private property with a big NO TRESPASSING sign on it. I do believe that at least part of the actual marked trail is private property and that this is not meant to be an actual loop trail since you can only do a full loop by climbing over a fence marked No Trespassing. Something to look into.

As far as the actual trail, it was ok. Definitely a "training" trail to put in miles and do some stamina walking. The Delta is nice but levee trails like this are not much on sight seeing. I did enjoy seeing many turtles at one point though, that was great.

it was great took my dog and went for a walk with my mom

ok walked several times with my dog

Monday, February 20, 2017

Nice long walk! My GPS said 7.8 miles around the whole loop. And you walk next to the water almost the whole way. We saw lots of wildlife and only a couple other people walking. There is a gate at mile 7 or 1 depending which way you walk but it's easy enough to maneuver around. I took my dog with and it was a great walk to tire her out on.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

So, according to distance measurement the long loop is 11 miles. Not that it matters, great walk!

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Oh, this was a long walk, but so worth it. The sun came out, saw cranes, cormorants, Fishotter, came across 2 runners, that was it. A few people were trying to catch fish. You want to walk until you can't walk anymore, you want to Tucker out your dogs, that's the walk to do. I guess I would have liked to have a few benches along the way to rest. Also the access is not clear and there were locked gates to get by. That was. Little weird at best. Still, once on the dam road, a great walk.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Trail is flat and hard on the joints. Half way through walk about a mile out on a field people were shooting guns. ALOT of BUGS by mosher slough. Same scenery entire walk. We will bypass mosher slough next time. Overall an OK walk.

Monday, May 02, 2016

Relatively flat, nice views of distant mountains and the water to your side. but at mile marker 7 or mile marker 1, depending on which direction he head, there are two gates blocking your route. I had already traveled 7 miles and not wanting to back track, so I hoisted my bike over the two shorter fences to continue trekking.

recorded Track - Nov 19, 04:59 PM