White Slough Long Loop

White Slough Long Loop is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stockton, California that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Easy walk on a delta levee which circles private farm land.

ok walked several times with my dog

Nice long walk! My GPS said 7.8 miles around the whole loop. And you walk next to the water almost the whole way. We saw lots of wildlife and only a couple other people walking. There is a gate at mile 7 or 1 depending which way you walk but it's easy enough to maneuver around. I took my dog with and it was a great walk to tire her out on.

So, according to distance measurement the long loop is 11 miles. Not that it matters, great walk!

Oh, this was a long walk, but so worth it. The sun came out, saw cranes, cormorants, Fishotter, came across 2 runners, that was it. A few people were trying to catch fish. You want to walk until you can't walk anymore, you want to Tucker out your dogs, that's the walk to do. I guess I would have liked to have a few benches along the way to rest. Also the access is not clear and there were locked gates to get by. That was. Little weird at best. Still, once on the dam road, a great walk.

Trail is flat and hard on the joints. Half way through walk about a mile out on a field people were shooting guns. ALOT of BUGS by mosher slough. Same scenery entire walk. We will bypass mosher slough next time. Overall an OK walk.

Relatively flat, nice views of distant mountains and the water to your side. but at mile marker 7 or mile marker 1, depending on which direction he head, there are two gates blocking your route. I had already traveled 7 miles and not wanting to back track, so I hoisted my bike over the two shorter fences to continue trekking.