White Slough Long Loop

White Slough Long Loop is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stockton, California that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Easy walk on a delta levee which circles private farm land.

I did the entire 8.4 mile loop this morning. I started at the entry on Voyager and went South and did the loop clockwise. So I was surprised to find at mile 7 (mile one if you go the other way) a gate across the levee marking it as private property with a big NO TRESPASSING sign on it. I do believe that at least part of the actual marked trail is private property and that this is not meant to be an actual loop trail since you can only do a full loop by climbing over a fence marked No Trespassing. Something to look into.

As far as the actual trail, it was ok. Definitely a "training" trail to put in miles and do some stamina walking. The Delta is nice but levee trails like this are not much on sight seeing. I did enjoy seeing many turtles at one point though, that was great.

it was great took my dog and went for a walk with my mom

ok walked several times with my dog

Nice long walk! My GPS said 7.8 miles around the whole loop. And you walk next to the water almost the whole way. We saw lots of wildlife and only a couple other people walking. There is a gate at mile 7 or 1 depending which way you walk but it's easy enough to maneuver around. I took my dog with and it was a great walk to tire her out on.

So, according to distance measurement the long loop is 11 miles. Not that it matters, great walk!

Oh, this was a long walk, but so worth it. The sun came out, saw cranes, cormorants, Fishotter, came across 2 runners, that was it. A few people were trying to catch fish. You want to walk until you can't walk anymore, you want to Tucker out your dogs, that's the walk to do. I guess I would have liked to have a few benches along the way to rest. Also the access is not clear and there were locked gates to get by. That was. Little weird at best. Still, once on the dam road, a great walk.

Trail is flat and hard on the joints. Half way through walk about a mile out on a field people were shooting guns. ALOT of BUGS by mosher slough. Same scenery entire walk. We will bypass mosher slough next time. Overall an OK walk.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Monday, May 02, 2016

Relatively flat, nice views of distant mountains and the water to your side. but at mile marker 7 or mile marker 1, depending on which direction he head, there are two gates blocking your route. I had already traveled 7 miles and not wanting to back track, so I hoisted my bike over the two shorter fences to continue trekking.

Monday, March 14, 2016