White Hill, Blue Ridge and Split Rock Loop

White Hill, Blue Ridge and Split Rock Loop is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fairfax, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from December until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Can someone explain that following the route alltrails maps out that you seem to end up at a point on the fire road after you come down white hill mountain that has a sign across the blue ridge fire road stating no trespassing? There seems to be a single track off to the right that wants you go down instead. As I was running this trail I stopped and turned around with my dogs,

Any help appreciated.

Gets hairy after Cascade Falls, overgrown, poison oak, trail not well defined. If hiking clockwise, I recommend Blue Ridge Fire Road to Middle Fire Road to Cascade Fire Road or Split Rock (as opposed to Cascade Falls Trail). This adds some distance to the hike, but will save the scrambling through poison oak and losing the trail past the Falls. Enjoy!

Great trail! Beautiful scenery and great workout. The beginning is easy but then things get more challenging. Not recommandable for young children but I went with a dog and he really enjoyed it! It took me about 3 h.

What an adventure! Don’t let the fire roads in the beginning fool you...this hike is legit. Did the loop clockwise, and after the first waterfall things start to get hairy. Trail got narrow, overgrown, steep and rocky. After loosing sight of the path I ended up accidentally off-roading a few times, but even the proper trail required all fours occasionally for sections that were more climbing than hiking. All in all, a fantastic workout and a fun adventure...as long as you’ve got long pants and sleeves, time to spare and AllTrails Pro in case you get lost when you’re offline like me - I’d still be wandering in the woods without my downloaded map!