White Bark Vista

White Bark Vista is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Easy drive and great view

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Nice trail nice views

off road driving
Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Easy 4x4/Jeep trail. My guess is almost any medium to high clearance pickup or SUV could do it (not crossovers). 4x4 not required, 2WD is fine if dry. It's a nice warm-up to a larger/harder trail, or a good trail to try out a new rig.

I would recommend anyone making their way up to Huntington Lake for camping/fishing/hiking, to drive just a little bit further to the top of Kaiser Pass (where this trail begins). If you are not in a 4x4/4x2 high clearance, just park up there, and do the 1.2 mile hike. The view is amazing and worth it. I was so surprised, I did not expect to see such a beautiful view in May.

I plan on exploring more of Huntington Lake's many 4x4 trails. I cannot do Dusy/Ershim, or any difficult trails like that, but I was able to find plenty of trails to explore closer to China Peak.

There is another excellent trail which is very easy if you just continue on the road to Rancheria Falls. It turns from gravel to dirt and then turns into a really nice beginner trail. It's perfect for an easy 1 hour adventure.