West Side Road Trail

West Side Road Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ramona, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from December until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We didn't have a permit for Cedar Creek
Falls so the rangers directed us to this trail just across the valley. It is a very easy and peaceful hike. My 11 and 9 year old had a great time with no complaining. You hike along a fire road for the majority of the hike. There were a few streams of water along the trail and lots of blooming wildflowers. Once the trail transitions into single track begin looking northeast and you see a beautiful waterfall, per the USGS map it is called devils jump off and drops 1000ft. I recommend this hike for this time of year. There is no shade so in mid summer it will get pretty toasty.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

We started off at my friends house, so hiked over 2 miles to the end of Ramona Oaks and then went up the hill. Gorgeous hike, beautiful views, paved uphill at first, then goes into easy rolling hike. Beware for Rattlers. Got close to one hiding in. The shade. And it was early morning. Fortunately he was stretched out, and I can still move really fast

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Thursday, May 05, 2016

I live just down the street and the trailhead is off by about a 1/2 mile so not too bad. The trail goes up about 4 miles then is COMPLETELY overgrown. tried treking through it with my bike for about 100 yards then just gave up because the sun was starting to set. Other than that it is all up hill on the way out and a fun but very rocky downhill on the way back.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Monday, January 18, 2016

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Up, up, & then small ups & downs & flat at times, but it's a great hike! The mountain views are...well huge of course & beautiful. There is also a river & waterfall! The trailhead isn't marked & this app directs you approximately a few hundred feet in the wrong direction. The trail starts at the end of the road as a paved trail & then becomes dirt. At first I was confused because I thought I was entering private property. Other than this minor confusion the trail is clear to follow.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Trail and surrounding valleys are green right now. I have hiked this tail twice now with my dog. Looking forward to seeing the falls in the spring. Can't help but miss Cedar Creek as I see both approches from this walk.

Friday, July 29, 2011

I love this trail, it's one of my favorites for biking since it's right by my house. It's up hill the entire way there but that means it's downhill the way back. If you go after it rains you can see Devil's Jumpoff.