West Side Road Trail

West Side Road Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ramona, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from December until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good little trail. Its a pretty quick hike, like others have said you are on an old road. The AllTrails app seems to end randomly, we continued past to a T intersection and found a good rock to eat a snack and look down to the valley before we turned around.

Great hike in the scrub, nice views of the Ramona hills and ravines. This year, the wild flowers may not show, at least until we have a 2nd rainfall... however, they say this hike is 3.6 miles, but I'm at that mark and it looks like it will go for miles more.

Beautiful views the whole time! Not sure if you can go longer than the 4 miles. You eventually reach a no trespass sign, believe it’s marked as a private ranch.

This was an easy one! Views are nice and you can see the lake for a split moment between the mountains. It'll get your heart pumping a bit but it's great for beginners who are wanting to challenge themselves a little. Hiked out around 9:30 am and there was very little shade but some cool spots. Took about an hour to head up. Don't forget your water !

Sunday, March 26, 2017

We didn't have a permit for Cedar Creek
Falls so the rangers directed us to this trail just across the valley. It is a very easy and peaceful hike. My 11 and 9 year old had a great time with no complaining. You hike along a fire road for the majority of the hike. There were a few streams of water along the trail and lots of blooming wildflowers. Once the trail transitions into single track begin looking northeast and you see a beautiful waterfall, per the USGS map it is called devils jump off and drops 1000ft. I recommend this hike for this time of year. There is no shade so in mid summer it will get pretty toasty.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

We started off at my friends house, so hiked over 2 miles to the end of Ramona Oaks and then went up the hill. Gorgeous hike, beautiful views, paved uphill at first, then goes into easy rolling hike. Beware for Rattlers. Got close to one hiding in. The shade. And it was early morning. Fortunately he was stretched out, and I can still move really fast

Thursday, May 05, 2016

I live just down the street and the trailhead is off by about a 1/2 mile so not too bad. The trail goes up about 4 miles then is COMPLETELY overgrown. tried treking through it with my bike for about 100 yards then just gave up because the sun was starting to set. Other than that it is all up hill on the way out and a fun but very rocky downhill on the way back.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Up, up, & then small ups & downs & flat at times, but it's a great hike! The mountain views are...well huge of course & beautiful. There is also a river & waterfall! The trailhead isn't marked & this app directs you approximately a few hundred feet in the wrong direction. The trail starts at the end of the road as a paved trail & then becomes dirt. At first I was confused because I thought I was entering private property. Other than this minor confusion the trail is clear to follow.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Trail and surrounding valleys are green right now. I have hiked this tail twice now with my dog. Looking forward to seeing the falls in the spring. Can't help but miss Cedar Creek as I see both approches from this walk.

Friday, July 29, 2011

I love this trail, it's one of my favorites for biking since it's right by my house. It's up hill the entire way there but that means it's downhill the way back. If you go after it rains you can see Devil's Jumpoff.

Friday, February 25, 2011

beautiful place to hike, loved it the only thing is that the waterfall is on private land. Good work out UP to the waterfall. Up hill to get there almost all the way.

Monday, March 27, 2017