West Side Loop Trail

West Side Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yucca Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

We would not call this hard, moderate. Although is says best from March to Oct we went Jan 1 and it was great. It would be awesome during wild flower blooming time.

This is a great trail for running! Aim for fall or spring to really enjoy it without the heat. Start at the trailhead by the campgrounds for a full 5 mi!

Great ride on horseback!

This trail was a bit challenging for somebody who hasn't hiked in years, but very doable. The views we breathtaking. I loved standing high on the hills looking around at the mountains surrounding me near and far.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

It was windy and cold, we could only saunter as far as we could, which was about a mile overall. I'd taken some friends on this little hike, they'd just flown in the night before from Florida. An amazing trail I'm going to return to.

Friday, January 06, 2017