West Ridge Trail is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Aliso Viejo, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 613 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This is my first time here, with a hardtail 29er. I don’t remember all the names of the runs but there were quite a few runs with different difficulties. I stayed mostly on the intermediate runs. I dabbled on one advanced run, and it’s best if you keep your speed up with less braking otherwise you’ll skid out on the steep, smooth sections. A full suspension setup would probably do better, but my bike held. There were maps throughout the whole place, but they were missing the “YOU ARE HERE” icon. Thank goodness for this app, I was able to navigate or guess my way out. The uphill part back to the park isn’t bad....well worth it

Road is wide enough to share w/ bikers and runners. No shade gentle and easy elevation for beginners. seating areas (even tale ) at the top Normally I prefer loop over out&back but it comes different beautiful views not bored at all. definitely will visit again.

Great trail for beginners. It was a bit muddy from the light rain this morning but still hikable. Lots of hikers with their dogs. Took us 2 and a half hours to do the easy west ridge trail. We hiked up to the top of the hill top where the park is and back to where we started. Had an amazing city and ocean view at the top. Although, I took frequent breaks during incline, it was still manageable for those who isn’t much experienced with hiking like myself. There’s also trials that are medium and harder to do if you’re into that. The best part, it’s free!

Great trail, very wide and plenty of signage. Great views to make it to Top of the World

I am fairly new to hiking. This is my Fifth hike. It is my favorite so far. The views are amazing ranging from dessert cactus to ocean and gorgeous canyons. The trail is nice and wide. Bikers were cautious. Great trail

recorded Recording - Nov 15, 04:08 PM

Westridge -> Lynx-> Wood Canyon -> Mathis Canyon-> Westridge

Nice wide fire road. Rolling hills. Out and back with ups and downs. There is water at the end. Lots of side trails that you can take to make it a longer run.

Sat May 04 2019

Mellow hills and dog friendly. Good views of hills and ocean.

Sat Apr 06 2019

Super trail, wide and bikers are the best!! Not washed out views breathtaking Pictures on my fb account. Happy trails.

Fri Feb 15 2019

Mon Nov 19 2018

Easy out and back, pretty heavily trafficked. Lots of mountain bikers. Nice views of the coast.