Weir Canyon Trail

Weir Canyon Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anaheim, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike.Easy as well my only major recommendation would be to get an early start on this hike maybe 7-8am because there is no shade throughout the entire hike.There are lots of twists and turns and snakes !! beware of rattlesnakes they could pop out of nowhere .Regulars here say they will see multiple rattlesnakes on warm days .I myself saw one with my fellow hiker .Other than that Enjoy !

Beautiful hike with an early 8 AM start time. The trail includes lots of ups and downs with twisty paths, We went counter clockwise. I was thankful I brought my poles. They were useful for the steep down hills and up hills. Dogs are allowed on a leash, but the trail is exposed to sun with no shade to speak of. They may get really hot if there is no overcast skies as there was today.

Pretty simple, lots of uphill. The markers confused us a bit, bc there's a Weir Canyon, and an Old Weir Canyon trail, but it's so open, and you can use the mansions around you as markers, so getting lost isn't something to fear.

Another great time on the trail. Now that it's warming up make sure to take plenty of water and a proper hat. I went for a noontime walk & drank a grip. More than I did just 2 weeks ago. Snakes are also out so be mindful of the trail.

Nice workout! Flowers were in full bloom and lots of greenery! Lots of up and down hills so a bit challenging however would go back again anytime! Did the loop counter-clockwise and passed quite a few people going the opposite way, so we'll try clockwise next time.

Easy? It depends upon your fitness level. Mine isn't great with hills and there are lots of ups and downs. This trail may have limited elevation gain but that doesn't tell you that you may be repeating the same elevation gain! It's sunny with rarely any shade but such a feeling of being out of the city when on the inner side of the loop. Despite my challenge for the hills, I enjoy this trail. Close to N OC but a real sense of hiking.