Weaver Lake Trail

Weaver Lake Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Three Rivers, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and backpacking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,250 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Another beautiful trail. I’m a firm believer that hiking should always be done along side of, or to some form of water. This lake did not disappoint! We had it all to ourselves, only saw 8 other people on the trail total on a sunday. Gorgeous, sunny day, no bugs! Not to strenuous at all; my 12 year old pup loved it!

Did this trail my with 5 year old son. Took us a second to find the trail head, but after that it was smooth sailing. We only saw about 5 people our entire hike and it ended up being a little over 7 miles round trip. It was a little uphill in the beginning, but overall pretty easy. My son was absolutely done at the end, but enjoyed the way up! We stopped at the lake and had lunch. Took us close to 2 and a half hours up and an hour and a half down.

Probably more like 8 miles and it’s a steady up hill. Pay off is beautiful. Took my old girl Pam (she’s a dog) she’s got arthritis but the down hill was gradual enough her joints held up. Water is cold as f*ck. 5 mosquito bites total and we found a frog. Enjoy!

I backpacked up there with my Bulldog Stitch. We camped and spent the night. Beautiful and perfect time of the year we were the only campers there. If you get altitude sickness easily I suggest taking it slow on the hike up.

A great place to take newcomers I took my daughter for the 1st time she loved it. The scenery at the Lake is very beautiful We also caught all the fish. I give this place 5 stars because it's great for new backpacking people That are just starting .

Clearly marked trail from start to finish; not many bugs and insects; A LOT of horse droppings on the trail but otherwise no issues or complaints. I hike at about a 1.5 mile/30 minute pace with a light pack so I was able to reach the lake in just over two hours. There are two legs of the trail that feature a noticeable ascent which slowed me down a bit but the return out-hike was a breeze thanks to the descent. I finished the out-hike and was back to the trailhead in about an hour and a half from when I left the lake. I recommend starting to early to give yourself more time to enjoy being at the lake. I started at 2:30pm, reached the lake just after 4:30, stayed until about 5, and then headed back so I wouldn't be stuck in the forest after dark. I reached the trail head about 6:30pm. Great hike, highly recommend!

Great hike. Elevation slope is gradual. Take bug spray as there are meat bees and other insects...

The trail Is easily traversable, well marked and relatively flat with some small burst of steep walking. It’s not a very difficult hike. There were numerous young children around the age of 10 that were hiking and already at the lake. The lake is great. Very calm, soothing and quiet. Surprising warm for snow made. The lake and trail get busy between 12pm and 2pm, but nothing that’s not tolerable.

Great hike for summer. We started the hike around 8/9am. Clocked the hike to be more mileage than advertised on here. Would recommend to all levels as you can take this hike as fast or as slow as you’d like, but be aware of the longer distance and uneven terrain. I was looking down a lot for this hike. My husband brought his fishing gear, but didn’t catch anything at the lake. My dog did just fine. We encountered multiple horseback riding groups, families, backpackers, seasoned hikers, etc. and it looked like everyone was having a great time. Would agree with moderate level.

A lovely walk in the woods on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. A decent amount of people but not crowded at all, and most of our time on the trail we were alone. Chatted with lots of friendly people at the lake and along the trail. Perfect escape from the Valley’s heat. Forest Service Ranger Daniel sat down and had lunch with us while we talked about the trails and other hikes in the region. I look forward to visiting again, and maybe spending the night.

Weaver Lake is worth the effort! The trail is definitely uphill to the lake but of course that means the way back is an enjoyable downhill. Trail conditions are mixed with portions being shaded and ferns growing near creeks combined with fully exposed rocky areas. There are a few intersections but everything is well marked. I completed this with a friend over the weekend (8/24/19) and we both faired well. Neither of us are in peak physical condition but I'd say it helps to have some calf and quad strength to make the climb more enjoyable. The lake itself was enjoyable and swimmable, with plenty of active fish for those interested in fishing. We got to the lake around 11:15 and stayed until about 12:15 which is when we noticed it was starting to get busier. On the hike down we passed probably 3x the amount of people as on our way up but I still didn't feel as if the trail was overcrowded. Bottom line is I enjoyed the hike, the reward of the lake, and would feel comfortable bringing friends and family of varying fitness levels on the next go around!

Our second trip this summer. A perfect walk.

Lots of really nice rock gardens. The lake was beautiful. Probably about 15 people at the lake, very chill. It's mostly uphill going in but the way out is much easier haha. Nice little hike through the forest.

Weaver Lake back to Big Meadow. It was awesome, great hike. Trail was good easy to follow. I had my 6 & 8 yr old daughters with me. The way back was way easier, still did some pack carrying.

Trail was great. More difficult than I had remembered, but seeing it through the eyes of kids was different. They made it, and we had a good couple of nights at the lake.

I absolutely loved this trail. It’s so beautiful the entire way through. Relaxing at the lake at the top was perfect.

Backpacked this trial. Moderately difficult, but also no too hard. Beautiful hike. Brought my dog. LOTS of people both day hiking and camping at the top. Would do it again.

This was an amazing hike! It was hard for me on my bad knees but so worth the views and the lake at the end!

Moderate hike for someone not acclimated to the elevation. Lots of exposure and sun. Bring a wide-brimmed hat and take your time. A bit buggy at the lake, but it was July.

Trail was in good condition with just a few trees over the trail. Well traveled but not crowded. Dog friendly and they were all friendly.

Nice trial not too hard to follow even though the ending is slightly washed out, but snow is almost gone. Great for a light backpacking trip. Did this with my 2 dogs an gear no problem.

dope trail wasnt to hard at all. no more snow blocking the trail. was there this weekend saw only a handful of ppl at 1pm. did it with my 130 lbs cane corso. beast it up! will do this again

snow is still a factor, so some route finding land nav skills are necessary. other than that the hike is very enjoyable, relatively easy day hike, or beginning of the season backpacking trip to get the legs working again