Weaver Lake Trail

Weaver Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and fishing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Backpacked in over Labor Day weekend with my family (sister, wife, kids 10 & 12 and Boston Terrier). Great workout as the entire trail gains elevation from start to finish with almost zero loss on the way in from Big Meadow. We stayed among the boulders as it was VERY crowded but cozy enough. People were great and the fishing was average. The lake was warm enough to swim and soak and the view was perfect. AMAZING sunset on Saturday night. Would recommend for a midweek trip or non-holiday.

Beautiful hike! It definitely felt like a moderate to someone who has only hiked a handful of times this summer. The ascent wasn't tough but it was a nice hike to exercise the lungs for a bit. Once you make it to Weaver Lake, you realize it was all well worth it. The trail was not crowded, as we went on a Wednesday. At the lake there was a small group of campers hanging out. It was very peaceful, water was nice and cool and watching the wildlife was great. Next time we will be camping.

Great hike. Peaceful and not too crowded. We hiked on a Tuesday so was pleasantly uncrowded. Lots of trout in the lake I caught 3 including a rainbow. Lots of fun for a moderate hike. Would be nice to stay the night out there as well.

Camped at Weaver Lake for our annual family camping trip. Never hike the trail. We 4-wheel in to the lake and hike/shoot/swim for a nice long weekend. Bowman Lake Rd is inaccessible, but there are plenty of ways to 4-wheel down to the lake via the sportsman club.

Such an incredible hike in august. There were soooo many wild flowers along the trail! We went for a little swim at weaver lake which was totally unexpected but wonderful! I would definitely recommend this day hike to anyone, its really not that difficult

August 4, 2017
Great hike, was a bit rough going up, but we hadn't hiked in 19 years, so that was to be expected. Such a beautiful lake, great reward at the end of the trail. Thunder storm in the distance and sprinkled a little, we can't wait to do it again. Very friendly people on the trail.

Beautiful hike ! The lake is worth every bit of effort. The temperature of the water was perfect. I went Sunday. There were maybe five people at the lake at once.... But mostly I had it all to myself. I'd recommend going on a day other than Friday or Saturday. This also seems to be a hike people do later in the day. I got to the lake around noon or so. Be careful in the water. The rocks are jagged and the sediment can be deceiving. You think your stepping on solid ground but then your foot will slide down three feet between two rocks. I just kept my feet off the ground and swam ;)

Excellent hike. We camped at Weaver Lake and took a refreshing swim in the heat of the day. The lake was busy, but it was easy enough to find a spot away from everyone. Your dogs and kids will love it!

great hike...half in the sun half under forest shade...lake is usually busy so not much solitude at all...fishing can be challenging due to easy access to lake...black flys work best...