Weaver Lake Trail

Weaver Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and fishing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Camped at Weaver Lake for our annual family camping trip. Never hike the trail. We 4-wheel in to the lake and hike/shoot/swim for a nice long weekend. Bowman Lake Rd is inaccessible, but there are plenty of ways to 4-wheel down to the lake via the sportsman club.

Such an incredible hike in august. There were soooo many wild flowers along the trail! We went for a little swim at weaver lake which was totally unexpected but wonderful! I would definitely recommend this day hike to anyone, its really not that difficult

August 4, 2017
Great hike, was a bit rough going up, but we hadn't hiked in 19 years, so that was to be expected. Such a beautiful lake, great reward at the end of the trail. Thunder storm in the distance and sprinkled a little, we can't wait to do it again. Very friendly people on the trail.

Beautiful hike ! The lake is worth every bit of effort. The temperature of the water was perfect. I went Sunday. There were maybe five people at the lake at once.... But mostly I had it all to myself. I'd recommend going on a day other than Friday or Saturday. This also seems to be a hike people do later in the day. I got to the lake around noon or so. Be careful in the water. The rocks are jagged and the sediment can be deceiving. You think your stepping on solid ground but then your foot will slide down three feet between two rocks. I just kept my feet off the ground and swam ;)

Excellent hike. We camped at Weaver Lake and took a refreshing swim in the heat of the day. The lake was busy, but it was easy enough to find a spot away from everyone. Your dogs and kids will love it!

great hike...half in the sun half under forest shade...lake is usually busy so not much solitude at all...fishing can be challenging due to easy access to lake...black flys work best...

It is a great trail for kids.. Just make sure you have plenty of water and snacks depending on how old your kids are.. I definitely recommend a water filter kit as there are 3 creeks along the trail.. Didn't have one but luckily brought enough water with us

My 14 year old son and I backpacked in and had a great time. Went swimming and fishing.

I was worried there might be snow, since the SNP website said there was as of 6/19. There was not a speck of snow in sight and it was quite warm (85). The first few miles will definitely challenge you unless you're super in shape. My sister and I stopped several times along the way and we are in relatively fit shape. There is an incredible view toward Kings Canyon at one point! The rest of the trail is beautiful but perhaps not jaw-dropping. The lake itself is gorgeous and well worth the hike. The water temperature was just right, too - not too cold to take a dip in before drying off in the sun.

My GPS tracker said it was almost 4 miles each way (3.9). I would consider this a moderate hike, not easy.

Such a beautiful hike wether it be a day hike or overnight stay. The trail can be challenging if you have a heavy loaded backpack