Weaver Lake Trail

Weaver Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and fishing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A short and sweet hike up to Weaver Lake. The Lake has a lot of "sites" with already made fire rings for safe and easy fire use (with a permit, of course!) Right now there is still some snow so the trail can be difficult to stay on for a novice hiker. There are tree blazes so watch out for those of the trail is covered. The only reason this didn't get 5 stars is because the hike is nothing too spectacular, but the Lake is amazing.

I'm not going to lie, this trail can be tough on the way up because of the starting elevation and elevation gain, but it's not something that should scare you away. There are two separate cut-offs that will significantly shorten the length of the hike and eliminate most of the climb. This was my first backpacking trip and it was absolutely worth it! Caught a lot of trout on Mepps and Rooster Tail style lures as well as on a small crank bait.

Possibly the clearest lake I've seen in my entire life, well worth the trip!

This was my wife and I first time hiking anywhere, it took us 2 hours, (including breaks), to get to the lake all uphill, we were tired but it was definitely worth it. It was very clean and calm. We didn't get to stay long, just had lunch and stayed a bit but will definitely be going back, hopefully we'll get to camp out next time.

Perfect for your kiss first backpacking trip!

Nice day hike. easy access. Dogs are allowed but should be well trained and in condition for the altitude.

Awesome! Loved the trail.. Lots of poop tho

Wonderful trail. There was a lot of horse poop but that didn't bother me. The lake was warm, I wish I had time to swim. My gps said it was 7.3 miles. It was a little longer than I would have liked. I would say the trail was moderate. The way there is quite a climb but the lake was beautiful. I did see several other people as well. It is also fine to take dogs I don't know why the app says no dogs. I asked 4 park rangers and they said dogs are allowed because it's forest land.

A buttkicker going up... But the view at the top is worth it!! Loved the lake. Very majestic!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Be careful with all the horse poop

Monday, August 10, 2015

Walked it very early, a nice, quiet climd to the lake. An excellent and easy hike.

Friday, October 03, 2014

Good first time hike. Easy level. Beautiful view. Wildlife is abundant. Fishing is okay. Mom use to take me as a kid and i will take mine soon.