Learn more

Weaver Lake Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Three Rivers, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and backpacking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Length 6.5 mi Elevation gain 1,250 ft Route type Out & Back

Wildlife

Snow

Description
Waypoints (0)

Note: Users have reported that the road is closed about 3.5 miles from the trailhead.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (299)
Photos (359)
Recordings (231)
Completed (481)
Taylor Ledak
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Jul 07 2020
BackpackingGreat!

Did this 6/6-6/7 from Fox Meadow with my 5-year-old as an overnight. Almost no bugs/mosquitoes at the lake which was fantastic. Had the whole west side to ourselves. Pleased to see people cleaning up after themselves. I've been before and been dismayed at the amount of trash and tp people leave around.

Bryan Syverson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarThu Jul 02 2020
Hiking

Hiked this one half a dozen times-always wonderful. On Thursday 7/2/20 very dry, but not too buggy. But give it a miss for a month. From Kings Cyn NP side, road repairs on Generals Highway make driving to the trailhead painful. Hour-long delay waiting for the pace car. (Not sure how long the delay is from Sequoia NP side.)

View Bryan's Recording
Ben Gimlin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Jul 01 2020

Great hike up

View Ben's Recording
Crystal Wharton
HikingBugsRocky
View Crystal's Recording
Brett Taylor
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Jun 30 2020
Hiking

6/27/20 Very nice hike not too steep it took me about two hours to get up to the lake. There were probably about 30 other people at the lake when we got there. There was a group of horse riders on the trail. The hike back took an hour. Very beautiful lake.

ray bruder
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarTue Jun 30 2020

I was just up on this trail two weeks ago and the road was open and was able to catch some trout in the creek. Weather was perfect dipping down into the 40s at night

J Carroll
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon Jun 29 2020
Hiking

Could anyone confirm, is the road still closed 3 1/2 miles from the trail head. I am taking my 9 year old grandson backpacking for his first time. I've done this trail in the past, but I don't want to add 3 1/2 miles to his hike until I know his capabilities.

Spencer Sgandurra
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Jun 24 2020
View Spencer 's Recording
Zach Stuckey
Hiking

Just as beautiful as Jennie lake. Did this hike as a day hike with some friends, once we got to the lake I fished for a bit. There are a lot of brown trout in this lake! All in all it was a great hike.

Lory Mendoza
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Jun 14 2020

How’s the fishing here?

Robert Lujan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarTue Jun 09 2020
Hiking

The trail is nice and easy to follow very well marked the mosquitoes were starting to come out just a little but nothing too crazy. But I will say this the road to the trail head is under construction and you have to wait for a pace car that can take any where from 25-40 minutes. Other then that it’s a good time

View Robert's Recording
Adrian Enriquez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Jun 06 2020
HikingRocky

Such a beautiful trail. It will test you a bit. Great views

View Adrian's Recording
Brita Priest
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon May 25 2020
HikingClosed

5 starts because it looks great but... Tried to do this trail on May 25 but Big Meadows Rd was closed ~3.5 miles before the trailhead (despite the national forest website showing it as). We did Big Baldy instead which was just a few miles up the road on Generals Highway/198.

Jessica Witrago
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun May 24 2020
Hiking

The lake is such a view.

Kristen Bierly
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarTue May 19 2020
Hiking

We are thinking about backpacking this trail this weekend 5/23/2020 with our kids, 3 and 5 years old. Anyone do this hike recently? What are the trail conditions- is there snow? Lots of bugs? Is it even open?

Lisa Baldis
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri May 01 2020
Hiking

We hiked this one on July 30th, 2019. it was about 7 miles and took us about 3 hours up and down. We stopped at the lake for a swim that was refreshingly cold after our hike up! The water was very clear! Saw a small water snake after our swim( glad not to have seen him while swimming!) I would highly recommend this hike and the swim!

yetzalady kee
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSat Apr 18 2020
ClosedSnow

I was going to do this trail today. 04/18/2020. but it is closed. Maybe next month then. Hopefully it'll be open.

Monica Poehner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Oct 20 2019
Hiking

Another beautiful trail. I’m a firm believer that hiking should always be done along side of, or to some form of water. This lake did not disappoint! We had it all to ourselves, only saw 8 other people on the trail total on a sunday. Gorgeous, sunny day, no bugs! Not to strenuous at all; my 12 year old pup loved it!

View Monica's Recording
Rhea Anderson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Oct 14 2019
Hiking

Did this trail my with 5 year old son. Took us a second to find the trail head, but after that it was smooth sailing. We only saw about 5 people our entire hike and it ended up being a little over 7 miles round trip. It was a little uphill in the beginning, but overall pretty easy. My son was absolutely done at the end, but enjoyed the way up! We stopped at the lake and had lunch. Took us close to 2 and a half hours up and an hour and a half down.

Razzle Dazzle
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Oct 08 2019
Hiking

Probably more like 8 miles and it’s a steady up hill. Pay off is beautiful. Took my old girl Pam (she’s a dog) she’s got arthritis but the down hill was gradual enough her joints held up. Water is cold as f*ck. 5 mosquito bites total and we found a frog. Enjoy!

Michael Bührlen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Oct 04 2019
Backpacking

I backpacked up there with my Bulldog Stitch. We camped and spent the night. Beautiful and perfect time of the year we were the only campers there. If you get altitude sickness easily I suggest taking it slow on the hike up.

JAMES DAY
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Sep 24 2019
Hiking

A great place to take newcomers I took my daughter for the 1st time she loved it. The scenery at the Lake is very beautiful We also caught all the fish. I give this place 5 stars because it's great for new backpacking people That are just starting .

Mark Ortiz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Sep 08 2019
HikingRocky

Clearly marked trail from start to finish; not many bugs and insects; A LOT of horse droppings on the trail but otherwise no issues or complaints. I hike at about a 1.5 mile/30 minute pace with a light pack so I was able to reach the lake in just over two hours. There are two legs of the trail that feature a noticeable ascent which slowed me down a bit but the return out-hike was a breeze thanks to the descent. I finished the out-hike and was back to the trailhead in about an hour and a half from when I left the lake. I recommend starting to early to give yourself more time to enjoy being at the lake. I started at 2:30pm, reached the lake just after 4:30, stayed until about 5, and then headed back so I wouldn't be stuck in the forest after dark. I reached the trail head about 6:30pm. Great hike, highly recommend!

Nicole Olsen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Sep 07 2019
Hiking

Great hike. Elevation slope is gradual. Take bug spray as there are meat bees and other insects...

View Nicole's Recording
Madolyn McCormick
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Sep 01 2019
View Madolyn's Recording
Matthew Prieto
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Sep 01 2019
Hiking

The trail Is easily traversable, well marked and relatively flat with some small burst of steep walking. It’s not a very difficult hike. There were numerous young children around the age of 10 that were hiking and already at the lake. The lake is great. Very calm, soothing and quiet. Surprising warm for snow made. The lake and trail get busy between 12pm and 2pm, but nothing that’s not tolerable.

View Matthew's Recording
Tiffany Hendrixson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Aug 31 2019
Hiking

Great hike for summer. We started the hike around 8/9am. Clocked the hike to be more mileage than advertised on here. Would recommend to all levels as you can take this hike as fast or as slow as you’d like, but be aware of the longer distance and uneven terrain. I was looking down a lot for this hike. My husband brought his fishing gear, but didn’t catch anything at the lake. My dog did just fine. We encountered multiple horseback riding groups, families, backpackers, seasoned hikers, etc. and it looked like everyone was having a great time. Would agree with moderate level.

View Tiffany's Recording
Sharon Weaver
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Aug 31 2019
Hiking

A lovely walk in the woods on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. A decent amount of people but not crowded at all, and most of our time on the trail we were alone. Chatted with lots of friendly people at the lake and along the trail. Perfect escape from the Valley’s heat. Forest Service Ranger Daniel sat down and had lunch with us while we talked about the trails and other hikes in the region. I look forward to visiting again, and maybe spending the night.

View Sharon's Recording