Weaver Lake Trail

Weaver Lake Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Red Fir, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and fishing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

We did this trail about 3 months ago in July I took a group that was not very experienced and we had a blast this was a good 1 st time backpacking trip for the group I have done it 2x now it’s so beautiful and the hike is pretty easy:)

Backpacked in over Labor Day weekend with my family (sister, wife, kids 10 & 12 and Boston Terrier). Great workout as the entire trail gains elevation from start to finish with almost zero loss on the way in from Big Meadow. We stayed among the boulders as it was VERY crowded but cozy enough. People were great and the fishing was average. The lake was warm enough to swim and soak and the view was perfect. AMAZING sunset on Saturday night. Would recommend for a midweek trip or non-holiday.

Beautiful hike! It definitely felt like a moderate to someone who has only hiked a handful of times this summer. The ascent wasn't tough but it was a nice hike to exercise the lungs for a bit. Once you make it to Weaver Lake, you realize it was all well worth it. The trail was not crowded, as we went on a Wednesday. At the lake there was a small group of campers hanging out. It was very peaceful, water was nice and cool and watching the wildlife was great. Next time we will be camping.

Great hike. Peaceful and not too crowded. We hiked on a Tuesday so was pleasantly uncrowded. Lots of trout in the lake I caught 3 including a rainbow. Lots of fun for a moderate hike. Would be nice to stay the night out there as well.

Camped at Weaver Lake for our annual family camping trip. Never hike the trail. We 4-wheel in to the lake and hike/shoot/swim for a nice long weekend. Bowman Lake Rd is inaccessible, but there are plenty of ways to 4-wheel down to the lake via the sportsman club.

Such an incredible hike in august. There were soooo many wild flowers along the trail! We went for a little swim at weaver lake which was totally unexpected but wonderful! I would definitely recommend this day hike to anyone, its really not that difficult

August 4, 2017
Great hike, was a bit rough going up, but we hadn't hiked in 19 years, so that was to be expected. Such a beautiful lake, great reward at the end of the trail. Thunder storm in the distance and sprinkled a little, we can't wait to do it again. Very friendly people on the trail.

Beautiful hike ! The lake is worth every bit of effort. The temperature of the water was perfect. I went Sunday. There were maybe five people at the lake at once.... But mostly I had it all to myself. I'd recommend going on a day other than Friday or Saturday. This also seems to be a hike people do later in the day. I got to the lake around noon or so. Be careful in the water. The rocks are jagged and the sediment can be deceiving. You think your stepping on solid ground but then your foot will slide down three feet between two rocks. I just kept my feet off the ground and swam ;)

Excellent hike. We camped at Weaver Lake and took a refreshing swim in the heat of the day. The lake was busy, but it was easy enough to find a spot away from everyone. Your dogs and kids will love it!

great hike...half in the sun half under forest shade...lake is usually busy so not much solitude at all...fishing can be challenging due to easy access to lake...black flys work best...

It is a great trail for kids.. Just make sure you have plenty of water and snacks depending on how old your kids are.. I definitely recommend a water filter kit as there are 3 creeks along the trail.. Didn't have one but luckily brought enough water with us

My 14 year old son and I backpacked in and had a great time. Went swimming and fishing.

I was worried there might be snow, since the SNP website said there was as of 6/19. There was not a speck of snow in sight and it was quite warm (85). The first few miles will definitely challenge you unless you're super in shape. My sister and I stopped several times along the way and we are in relatively fit shape. There is an incredible view toward Kings Canyon at one point! The rest of the trail is beautiful but perhaps not jaw-dropping. The lake itself is gorgeous and well worth the hike. The water temperature was just right, too - not too cold to take a dip in before drying off in the sun.

My GPS tracker said it was almost 4 miles each way (3.9). I would consider this a moderate hike, not easy.

Such a beautiful hike wether it be a day hike or overnight stay. The trail can be challenging if you have a heavy loaded backpack

dog friendly trail, nice hike, not too hard but still good walking, sights along the way, beautiful lake at the end.

I feel like it's more of a moderate hike but it is so worth the hike to the lake. It's really beautiful and peaceful.

A short and sweet hike up to Weaver Lake. The Lake has a lot of "sites" with already made fire rings for safe and easy fire use (with a permit, of course!) Right now there is still some snow so the trail can be difficult to stay on for a novice hiker. There are tree blazes so watch out for those of the trail is covered. The only reason this didn't get 5 stars is because the hike is nothing too spectacular, but the Lake is amazing.

Friday, October 14, 2016

I'm not going to lie, this trail can be tough on the way up because of the starting elevation and elevation gain, but it's not something that should scare you away. There are two separate cut-offs that will significantly shorten the length of the hike and eliminate most of the climb. This was my first backpacking trip and it was absolutely worth it! Caught a lot of trout on Mepps and Rooster Tail style lures as well as on a small crank bait.

Possibly the clearest lake I've seen in my entire life, well worth the trip!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

This was my wife and I first time hiking anywhere, it took us 2 hours, (including breaks), to get to the lake all uphill, we were tired but it was definitely worth it. It was very clean and calm. We didn't get to stay long, just had lunch and stayed a bit but will definitely be going back, hopefully we'll get to camp out next time.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Perfect for your kiss first backpacking trip!

Monday, August 01, 2016

Nice day hike. easy access. Dogs are allowed but should be well trained and in condition for the altitude.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Awesome! Loved the trail.. Lots of poop tho

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Wonderful trail. There was a lot of horse poop but that didn't bother me. The lake was warm, I wish I had time to swim. My gps said it was 7.3 miles. It was a little longer than I would have liked. I would say the trail was moderate. The way there is quite a climb but the lake was beautiful. I did see several other people as well. It is also fine to take dogs I don't know why the app says no dogs. I asked 4 park rangers and they said dogs are allowed because it's forest land.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

A buttkicker going up... But the view at the top is worth it!! Loved the lake. Very majestic!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Be careful with all the horse poop

Monday, August 10, 2015

Walked it very early, a nice, quiet climd to the lake. An excellent and easy hike.

Friday, October 03, 2014

Good first time hike. Easy level. Beautiful view. Wildlife is abundant. Fishing is okay. Mom use to take me as a kid and i will take mine soon.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Nice, relatively easy hike. First time I had done this hike. Weaver Lake was nice. Caught some fish there. Enjoyed a nice weekend there and a second day excursion on a self-made path to Jennie Lake, which was very pretty. This is obviously a popular location due to it's relatively short distance. During the busy summer I would avoid this area.

As a side note, if you head pretty much directly West for about 1/2 mile from Weaver Lake, you will come upon a beautiful, secluded, lake. It'll take some bouldering, but it is so very peaceful and private.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

I day hiked this trail today.. it is uphill the entire way up to weaver lake... (you'll definitely need to stop for a few breathers) the lake is very nice, trail is clean. and there may be a few fallen trees you'll need to jump over... lake is great for trout fishing

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Backpacked to Weaver Lake in early June 2013. Stayed there for 2 nights with my friend. Pretty easy hike. The weather was perfect for June. Plenty of creeks along the way. Would do again. Next time, I would do the entire loop and make it a 4 nighter.