Weaver Lake Trail

Weaver Lake Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Three Rivers, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and backpacking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

by far my most favorite hike. trail was easy to follow and the climb to the top was well worth it. hike has a tons of rocks in case if you want to play "floor is lava". if you're facing the restroom trail head is to the left.

Loved this hike!!!

Just lovely. My dog and I hiked this trail, starting from the horse corral at Big Meadow Trail head. The trail is quite exposed, with no clouds in the sky, which made for a warm incline. There are some shaded spots to rest along the way, that my dog took full advantage of. The trail itself is well maintained. When we arrived at the lake, we immediately dipped our toes in. The view is incredible! Shortly after we arrived, rain clouds rolled in, which was such a nice reprieve from the heat in Three Rivers. It probably took us a bit longer than other hikers considering my dog needed to stop at every shaded area in order to cool off a bit before trekking on, but the hike was super easy and enjoyable. I highly recommend wearing some sort of coverage, or re-applying sunscreen throughout the hike. The only place I got mildly burnt was by my backpack straps where my sweat cancelled out my sunscreen.

Backpacked to Weaver Lake for a place to spend the night; you don’t have to reserve camping there so it’s an easy spot if you need someplace to stay.
The hike itself was fairly easy, and great views along the way. The lake is beautiful, and I saw about 50 trout jumps that morning as they were snatching some bugs. If you climb up the rocky slope on the east of the lake you get some amazing views. Check out the photos.

Even though the weather forecasted high of 73, definitely felt like 85 with the strong sun. Don’t let the weather’s temperature fool you. Roundtrip 7 miles from Big Meadow trailhead. Lots of horse poo on the trail so beware. Either go with long sleeves/pants or wear repellent because you will get bit. Steep climbing up but manageable. There were quite a bit of people on the trail but nothing too crazy. Definitely recommend either taking a lightweight chair or hammock to rest while @ the lake. Be sure to take water shoes/sandals if you’re planning on getting in. Water was cool not cold, great to jump into.

Great hike. My friend, who is just getting into hiking, did this hike yesterday just for the day! We made it to the lake in an hour and a half, taking little rest stops here and there. We stayed by the lake for a couple of hours and then headed back down! I recommend hiking early in the morning, at least during these summer months, because it definitely makes a difference! Lots of wild flowers and butterflies! Beautiful. Great workout!

Have been using this trail for 18 years because it is dog friendly and worth every bit of the climb to Weaver Lake. Our GPS recorded 7.6 miles from the trailhead at Big Meadow to Weaver Lake and just over 1250 feet of elevation change.

Saw beautiful flowers like snow plants and wildflowers. Lots of mosquitoes. Also seen a chorus frog.

Completed a Day Hike 5/22/18. Trail was very defined easy to follow, creeks were flowing but nothing treacherous to cross. Got a bit of slush/rain fall on the way up, still snow up around the granite rocks at the lake. Round trip was 7 miles from trailhead to lake, and back.

We did this trail about 3 months ago in July I took a group that was not very experienced and we had a blast this was a good 1 st time backpacking trip for the group I have done it 2x now it’s so beautiful and the hike is pretty easy:)

Backpacked in over Labor Day weekend with my family (sister, wife, kids 10 & 12 and Boston Terrier). Great workout as the entire trail gains elevation from start to finish with almost zero loss on the way in from Big Meadow. We stayed among the boulders as it was VERY crowded but cozy enough. People were great and the fishing was average. The lake was warm enough to swim and soak and the view was perfect. AMAZING sunset on Saturday night. Would recommend for a midweek trip or non-holiday.

Beautiful hike! It definitely felt like a moderate to someone who has only hiked a handful of times this summer. The ascent wasn't tough but it was a nice hike to exercise the lungs for a bit. Once you make it to Weaver Lake, you realize it was all well worth it. The trail was not crowded, as we went on a Wednesday. At the lake there was a small group of campers hanging out. It was very peaceful, water was nice and cool and watching the wildlife was great. Next time we will be camping.

Great hike. Peaceful and not too crowded. We hiked on a Tuesday so was pleasantly uncrowded. Lots of trout in the lake I caught 3 including a rainbow. Lots of fun for a moderate hike. Would be nice to stay the night out there as well.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Camped at Weaver Lake for our annual family camping trip. Never hike the trail. We 4-wheel in to the lake and hike/shoot/swim for a nice long weekend. Bowman Lake Rd is inaccessible, but there are plenty of ways to 4-wheel down to the lake via the sportsman club.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Such an incredible hike in august. There were soooo many wild flowers along the trail! We went for a little swim at weaver lake which was totally unexpected but wonderful! I would definitely recommend this day hike to anyone, its really not that difficult

Sunday, August 06, 2017

August 4, 2017
Great hike, was a bit rough going up, but we hadn't hiked in 19 years, so that was to be expected. Such a beautiful lake, great reward at the end of the trail. Thunder storm in the distance and sprinkled a little, we can't wait to do it again. Very friendly people on the trail.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Beautiful hike ! The lake is worth every bit of effort. The temperature of the water was perfect. I went Sunday. There were maybe five people at the lake at once.... But mostly I had it all to myself. I'd recommend going on a day other than Friday or Saturday. This also seems to be a hike people do later in the day. I got to the lake around noon or so. Be careful in the water. The rocks are jagged and the sediment can be deceiving. You think your stepping on solid ground but then your foot will slide down three feet between two rocks. I just kept my feet off the ground and swam ;)

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Excellent hike. We camped at Weaver Lake and took a refreshing swim in the heat of the day. The lake was busy, but it was easy enough to find a spot away from everyone. Your dogs and kids will love it!

Thursday, July 27, 2017

great hike...half in the sun half under forest shade...lake is usually busy so not much solitude at all...fishing can be challenging due to easy access to lake...black flys work best...

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

It is a great trail for kids.. Just make sure you have plenty of water and snacks depending on how old your kids are.. I definitely recommend a water filter kit as there are 3 creeks along the trail.. Didn't have one but luckily brought enough water with us

Sunday, July 16, 2017

My 14 year old son and I backpacked in and had a great time. Went swimming and fishing.

Monday, July 10, 2017

I was worried there might be snow, since the SNP website said there was as of 6/19. There was not a speck of snow in sight and it was quite warm (85). The first few miles will definitely challenge you unless you're super in shape. My sister and I stopped several times along the way and we are in relatively fit shape. There is an incredible view toward Kings Canyon at one point! The rest of the trail is beautiful but perhaps not jaw-dropping. The lake itself is gorgeous and well worth the hike. The water temperature was just right, too - not too cold to take a dip in before drying off in the sun.

My GPS tracker said it was almost 4 miles each way (3.9). I would consider this a moderate hike, not easy.

Friday, July 07, 2017

Such a beautiful hike wether it be a day hike or overnight stay. The trail can be challenging if you have a heavy loaded backpack

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

dog friendly trail, nice hike, not too hard but still good walking, sights along the way, beautiful lake at the end.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

I feel like it's more of a moderate hike but it is so worth the hike to the lake. It's really beautiful and peaceful.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A short and sweet hike up to Weaver Lake. The Lake has a lot of "sites" with already made fire rings for safe and easy fire use (with a permit, of course!) Right now there is still some snow so the trail can be difficult to stay on for a novice hiker. There are tree blazes so watch out for those of the trail is covered. The only reason this didn't get 5 stars is because the hike is nothing too spectacular, but the Lake is amazing.

Friday, October 14, 2016

I'm not going to lie, this trail can be tough on the way up because of the starting elevation and elevation gain, but it's not something that should scare you away. There are two separate cut-offs that will significantly shorten the length of the hike and eliminate most of the climb. This was my first backpacking trip and it was absolutely worth it! Caught a lot of trout on Mepps and Rooster Tail style lures as well as on a small crank bait.

Possibly the clearest lake I've seen in my entire life, well worth the trip!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

This was my wife and I first time hiking anywhere, it took us 2 hours, (including breaks), to get to the lake all uphill, we were tired but it was definitely worth it. It was very clean and calm. We didn't get to stay long, just had lunch and stayed a bit but will definitely be going back, hopefully we'll get to camp out next time.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Perfect for your kiss first backpacking trip!

Monday, August 01, 2016

Nice day hike. easy access. Dogs are allowed but should be well trained and in condition for the altitude.