Walker Ridge Road

Walker Ridge Road is a 14.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Williams, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1948 feet
Point to Point

off road driving

We decided to check out this trail late in the day on our way home from Stonyford. I’m sure it’s beautiful during the day and the stars were amazing at night but I’d suggest a morning start instead of evening so you can take in the views. The road though was just that, a road. It had a bit of washboard and potholes but I definitely wouldn’t classify it as a “hard” off-road trail for a 4WD. With the elevation changes and length is sure would classify for a hike.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

I went here on a rainy day in November. Nice drive, green rolling hills all around. There was a lot of mud on the road with many with many turns uphill and downhill; 4x4 was necessary. There was no cellphone signal up there, and only saw another driver pass by. Eventually, I ended at a crossroads in the middle of nowhere, with no visual landmarks or or cell signal to guide me, but the Gps on my phone saying I had arrived at my destination. I busted out my California Map book, never leave home without it, so I got my sense of direction back, and decided to follow Bartlett springs road all the way to the Indian Valley Reservoir Valley. Came back same way I went in, but you can follow Bartlett springs road all the way to Highway 20 North of Clearlake.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Basically, a well maintained fire road (some wash-board section). It traverses Walker Ridge and is a "loop" trail, not meeting up exactly at the start. There is a four-way "intersection" about a third of the way in (or 2/3 in depending on your point-of-entry). The direction-sign there is shot-out by over-zealous firearm enthusiasts. A nice, short spring trip. I'm sure it could get pretty hot during the peak of summer.