Walker Canyon Trail [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(434)
Walker Canyon Ecological Reserve

Walker Canyon Trail [CLOSED] is a 9.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 9.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,761 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

Note: This trail is currently closed due to COVID-19. Please stay on the trails and do not step on any flowers! To avoid the traffic at the trailhead, get off Main Street, go north on Lakeshore, and head east on Lake Street until you get to Alberhill Sports Park, which is located 1.8 miles away from the trailhead. There is plenty of parking and it's about a 30-40 minute flat walk along the road to the trailhead. There is no shade, parking is free, take plenty of water, any shoes should work.

Great open trail. Goes on for miles and miles. Did 13.1 round trip yesterday and got great views of Lake Elsinore and Lake Mathews.

So beautiful and peaceful. Great workout

beautiful trail! easily accessible right off the highway. Wildflowers were gorgeous

Closed due to COVID-19 until further notice

Nice trail while the weather is cool, we ended up going about 7.5 miles out and back all the way to a peak where we could see a farm town up in the hills, as well as parts of Lake Elsinore and parts of Perris.

Off to the left is an ongoing trail that goes way past this one. Tons of miles to go. Not tons of poppies that way but I'm sure they are on the other side of the trail off to the right. Steep inclines. Fun views. Glad it was cloudy cause that sun would have slowed me down.

We went off a bit and got into an incline that gave us amazing views. Great time of year. Start early though as the sun beat down on us at the end.

Nice hike. Bring plenty of water if you go in the summer. There’s no shade. This is a more of a dirt road very spacious

Bien aménagé. Par contre, il n'y a pas de pancarte au début indicant que c'est un sentier officiel, ni de carte. Ce sentier devrait être considéré comme facile. Les sentiers sont en fait des chemins de terre conçu pour des véhicules.

I went during the 2019 super bloom, so I have nothing but great things to say. There is no shade, parking is free, take plenty of water, any shoes would work.

Sat May 25 2019

Great workout

Sun Apr 28 2019

Not much shade. I would recommend putting on hats or loads of sunscreen. Saw plenty of snakes getting some sun on the trail.

Sat Apr 27 2019

super bloom is over. short but the views of the mountains are great. no shade

Sat Apr 27 2019

Really nice trail. We went a different way, there are many trials you don’t necessarily need to follow the app. We did see a snack on the trial, but it stayed off to the side by the maintain side. If you don’t bother the animals, they won’t bother you. We saw a few different tracks. Some of coyotes and some of birds. It was a gloomy day so it wasn’t too hot but there is no shade so make sure to wear sunscreen and a hat. It is all dirt roads, there are no more poppy’s unfortunately but a lot of other wildflowers. It’s a good trial for a nice moderate hike, part uphill and partly flat.

Fri Apr 26 2019

dirt service road. good incline and no shade so be careful in the hot middle of the day and bring plenty of water!

Thu Apr 18 2019

Easy hike, I went about a week ago. Still Had nice flowers and colorful hills. Be very careful, I ran into a rattle snake right next to the trail. My dog was sniffing and I just so happen to see it in time. I wasn’t wondering off the trail, I was surprised as hell to see it. It even rattled at me and I fell over, we were ok though. Also saw a small rattle snake on the way down by the entrance. Easy hike and nice, but too many rattle snakes for me.

Mon Apr 15 2019

Poppy blooms are all gone. Just yellow flowers galore, which you'll see all over the area, even in San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano. In fact, it's better in those areas.

Sun Apr 14 2019

average, the flowers aren't nice either...don't know what's all the news about them...those media people wrote about a place they didn't even go to

Thu Apr 11 2019

nice views, nice wide trail

Thu Apr 11 2019

beautiful

Wed Apr 10 2019

watch out for snakes

Mon Apr 08 2019

More of what I expected! The place is like a dream, so beautiful. Many more wildflowers this year than past years, thanks to rain! So happy to be able to make it!

Sun Apr 07 2019

the trail itself is quite lovely and presents good views of the valley. currently some trails are gated off, but this 5.6km route is more or less accurate. park at the Nicholls road outlet mall and take the shuttle ($10 round trip, per head). there is a lot of traffic because of the super bloom, but the vistas are well worth it. would like to visit again at a less crowded time.