Volcan Mountain Trail

Volcan Mountain Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Julian, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Volcan Mountain Trail is located near the old mining town of Julian. The trail follows an old road to the summit and this pleasant day hike provides excellent vistas.

I started this hike half way though because we started hiking from the Five Oaks Trail which was really nice. once we started on this it waa really easy and nice to walk all the way to the top. Great views and my 2 year old loved walking back down from the viewpoint.

I hike this out and back trail every time I go to Julian. It is steady uphill climb to top. All downhill on the way back to start. Nice views towards the ocean and desert the other direction. Probably 2/3 is under tree cover. Trail is well maintained. A pleasant hike.

started around 9 and finished around 12 or so. Really enjoyed the summit but flies and gnats were kinda driving my son and I buggy. Very interesting history along the trail. I would do this one again. the gate at the entrance was cool. Really enjoyed sitting at the bench a relaxing for bit.

Me and my 6 year old son did this hike. The view at the top was awesome. The hike was very easy to navigate, nothing crazy.

This is probably a pretty good hike, however, I tried to start at 1:30pm and it was way too hot to continue. I know... that's too late to start, but I decided to give it a go. It's pretty steep, and not many flat areas. I'll do it again but in the Fall or early AM.