Visitor Center Loop Trail

Visitor Center Loop Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Nice first hike to break in trail shoes for my kids (5 & 8), with dogs too.

Super easy trail for beginners and the scenery is nice. Highly recommend this trail for first time hikers!

Very easy trail but with one pretty big and moderately steep hill. I hiked the whole thing with my 25lb kid in a backpack carrier and had no problems with the trail. One of the people I was hiking with did the whole thing pushing a stroller with a baby in it—not recommended but definitely doable. There were a few other people there hiking with kids, and my dog loved it too.

Easy Trail with a nice stream nearby to cool down with (after it rained)

Super easy, short trail, which was great for my young kids, who are new to hiking.

Overall this was a simple hike that is great for getting into the swing of being on a trail. This trail has a decent amount of people on it so you do not feel alone. You get to walk past some varied landscapes and start by the visitor center where you can learn more about the park.

If you are looking for an easy hike this is for you. If you are looking for something more challenging, there are plenty of other trails that you can probably incorporate segments of this trail with.

Great hike for beginners, it was easy and fun. We opted for a pre dawn hike, it was beautiful & surprisingly quiet. We will be returning next week!

For being in San Diego County, it was surprisingly REALLY scenic and really quiet. I have not been on a hike within the city that was this quiet or scenic.

I wasn't sure about the loop though, because I parked in this gravel parking lot. So I did a out and back type of hike, but I am pretty sure that that it was intended as a loop.

Surprisingly scenic! Plus we got to hike alongside a river for awhile which was pretty awesome. Solid elevation changes, I wore my toddler in a carrier on the uphill and we admired tons of wildflowers. Really enjoyable little hike.

great for beginners.

Great trail for beginners or someone looking for a quick escape. Easy trail to merge with surrounding trails and add a challenge.

Great short walking

Nice easy walk with spots of shade and beautiful views. Connects to the river trail so can cross over and go up the hill if you want something more challenging!

It was a lovely and easy trail. I picked it due to my husbands recent knee injury and needed something easy. There was some beautiful scenery. The creek/river was flowing nicely.
Not much luck for animal spotting. We like to herp, and all we saw was a few lizards. No snakes unfortunately. We went around dusk.
Great for family outings and for small children. I’m not a fan of all the foot traffic. Was too busy for my liking. All in all a good short stroll though.

Good nature walk

Great for beginners! This is my very first hike since moving back to California. This was a good starting point and it offers great views and shows you all the options you have once you are ready.

Love this trail good year long

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Easy trail. Lots of shade along the way and a beautiful view of the creek!

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Decent. Not too long that you can’t take kids. Fairly small and a light walk

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

This is a great hiking trail around the Visitor Center. Don't forget to check out the Grinding Rocks trail off this trail - beautiful layers of rocks along a stream of water. Easy hike & fun!

Monday, January 01, 2018

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Nice for a easy walk/hike. Added the Oak Grove Loop to add a little more distance.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Great for a leisurely stroll when you’re not looking for a tough hike.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Easy short walk with nice scenery.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Easy peazy lemon squeezy. This is a nice, short trail with good shady spots every so often.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Great little hike!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Good short trail. Took my small dog and she had no problem finishing this trail. Good for something quick and easy.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Shorty easy trail perfect for beginners

Monday, May 29, 2017

Very easy trial and short
Good for little kids