Vincent Tumaiiat Trail-Peak to Peak

Vincent Tumaiiat Trail-Peak to Peak is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Frazier Park, California and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November.

It is a challenging hike.. Only for the experience hikers..

Looking to bag most of the highest peaks in the greater Bakersfield area, all in one hike? This is your hike. Most of the trail elevation grade is not aggressive, but you'll encounter a few good climbs. The advantage is there are multiple ascends/descents along this hike, which spares your legs a little. Make the extra trip over to Sawmill Peak, which offered the best views of the whole hike (in my opinion). Make sure to pack in all your water, you won't find any along the way.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

awesome trail!
We hiked on weekday and didn't see anyone for 6 hour hike

Monday, August 15, 2016

We did this trail yesterday, and it was my second time. I remembered it being really difficult. It was just as painful the second time as it was the first. This trip, we took the offshoot to Sawmill peak, the highest point in Kern County. I recommend taking this short detour.

My advice is don't take beginners on this hike, or maybe go Pinos to Sawmill and turn around. 14 miles is a long hike for a day, but if you're training for a big hike at around 8000 feet with lots of climbs and descents, this one's for you. Bring lots of water, as you won't find any on the trail.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

MY first 14 miles hike roundtrip. I loved it.

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday, June 05, 2015

Not sure why it was marked as a double black diamond... There are some challenging uphill portions, but nothing too intense. Plenty of flat spots for breaks and a well-maintained trail for the vast majority of it.
Great vantage point to view the Central Valley... too bad said valley usually has a cloud of smog over it.