Learn more

Vienna Woods Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Aptos, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 187 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great, short trail! Free street parking available. Last .05 mile or so is not worth it - it gets difficult to hike through and dead ends, and is such a short distance, you’re better off stopping at the fork where you meet the larger trail

Lovely hike. I started clockwise and then cut over on Vienna Creek Trail to shorten to 3 miles. Beautiful, shady, crossed a creek. Some mountain bikers. Would be great with a dog.

I feel into a bush of thorns

In good shape, recent blow downs cleared.

Nice hike on a spring day through redwoods.

Trail was beautiful! You have to look out to not get ran over by mountain bikers though, they fly by. Some trees have fallen so there were some point where it was difficult to stay on the trail. Definitely had to keep checking my phone to stay on route. But it smelled beautiful! Some points were pretty tough uphill but overall a moderate difficulty trail. It took me about 5.5-6.0 miles not 5. Cheers to trail blazin!

My husband’s and my favorite easy trail, it’s always beautiful. He proposed overlooking the creek, so this will always be our favorite local trail! It’s a short hike so we’ll be able to visit for years to come. Go in the morning or late afternoon to see the light coming through the trees - it’s magical!

Nice easy hike. Covered trail and lots of parking

Sun Jan 20 2019

found it by accident. wonderful trail

Thu Nov 29 2018

This is the easiest free or “back” entrance to the park, and it’s a nice little trail. Plenty of parking on Vienna/Danube/Wiltshire Dr. It connects to Terrace Trail which is a great little loop. I like to bring my dog this way so I can have her off leash and let her play in the creek, and avoid being seen by any park rangers.