2004 feet
Point to Point

This trail is definitely 'Hard' per rating. We took the trail southbound (from Simi to Victory), and so glad we did. The north half of the trail is predominated by a mix of grade hills, up and down, and to do that climb on the back half of our trail would have been even harder.

There are some good views, including some over the shoulder views of the old rocket facilities. A little bit of the trail was overgrown with fox tails (which isn't surprising now June). Per an earlier comment the best views are more than 3 miles in from both ends.

I enjoyed this hike for it's pure challenge and it had some nice sights, but I'm not going to give it a high score for lack of return on investment:l I've hiked on others in the greater LA that I would prefer (Upper Rustic Garapito Loop Trail, Dawn Mine and Sunset Trail Loop, are both shorter but with much better views). Travel time was approx 6 hours for us.

Notes:
Parking on the Simi side was a bit of a pain, as all the nearby areas are private property, so we parked half mile away in some residential.
It was mid 80s and shade is spotty and almost non-existent the north half. My buddy drank 3L of water and I 4.5L; come prepared. Probably because of the warm weather, we only saw four other people on the trail but confident none of them were through the whole of this trail.