Vernal Falls

Vernal Falls is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite Valley, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Don't believe I haven't reviewed this one. I've done it by itself without going higher twice. The 1st time was with my wife. Definitely in my personal top 10 for short hikes. Only real downside is way too many people.

Good one, but do yourself a favor and push a little more to the next fall, and do the loop. It's worth it

Such amazing views!!

I don’t recommend children. Very awesome hike. Very rewarding at the end with the water fall and pool at the bottom.

Beautiful falls and you get close enough to get pretty soaked in the Spring months. Lots of steps and they get really intense just before you reach the top of the fall, but the view from the top is so worth it. If you feel up for it, I definitely recommend continuing to Nevada Fall and returning on the John Muir Trail.

Great trial with big uphills we tipped Vernal then came down JMT back to the bridge spectacular views. If you go to top of falls be prepared to get wet

The first 30-45 minutes is straight up and somewhat difficult but the view at the bridge is worth it! You can do it!

I hiked Vernal Falls with my mom and daughter! Lots of steps and a steep climb but so pretty at the top!! ❤️❤️

The trail was covered in snow and the last .3 miles were closed but the views were gorgeous nonetheless. We got about a foot and a half of snow the night before which made for and Easy to moderate climb. Looking forward to going back in the summer!

Beautiful!