Vernal Falls

Vernal Falls is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite Valley, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Fantastic trail. As it is a paved path I can understand why it is considered moderate; however... my wife mentioned several times during the ascent that it she thought it was anything but. I loved it any want to go all the way to Half Dome next time I'm in the area.

Wonderful hike. We went back by John Muir trail which give you a beautiful sight of the fall from above. Starting our hike at 8am we had the chance to see a bear and a bobcat on the trail.

This was such a beautiful experience! The steps right before the fall we’re a bit tough but you have to keep going it is well worth it!! I want to return!

Great hike! Totally worth the view at the top of Vernal. Heavy traffic mid day in June. Half way restrooms were closed and they took out the water fountain that used to be there so bring plenty of water. Over all a great hike:

Don't believe I haven't reviewed this one. I've done it by itself without going higher twice. The 1st time was with my wife. Definitely in my personal top 10 for short hikes. Only real downside is way too many people.

Good one, but do yourself a favor and push a little more to the next fall, and do the loop. It's worth it

Such amazing views!!

I don’t recommend children. Very awesome hike. Very rewarding at the end with the water fall and pool at the bottom.

Beautiful falls and you get close enough to get pretty soaked in the Spring months. Lots of steps and they get really intense just before you reach the top of the fall, but the view from the top is so worth it. If you feel up for it, I definitely recommend continuing to Nevada Fall and returning on the John Muir Trail.

Great trial with big uphills we tipped Vernal then came down JMT back to the bridge spectacular views. If you go to top of falls be prepared to get wet

The first 30-45 minutes is straight up and somewhat difficult but the view at the bridge is worth it! You can do it!

I hiked Vernal Falls with my mom and daughter! Lots of steps and a steep climb but so pretty at the top!! ❤️❤️

The trail was covered in snow and the last .3 miles were closed but the views were gorgeous nonetheless. We got about a foot and a half of snow the night before which made for and Easy to moderate climb. Looking forward to going back in the summer!

Beautiful!