Verdugo Mountains, South End Loop Trail

Verdugo Mountains, South End Loop Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Glendale, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great workout! It's a very steady incline to the top. We started at 8am and went clockwise so there were decent amounts of shade along parts of the trail. Later in the day it was mostly direct sun. Wonderful views and not too much traffic. (Hike date 2/11/18)

Trained for my GoRuck tough on this trail, not heavily crowded and a beautiful view.

solid hike. good push and great views. had to check the gps a few times as we almost ended up on the 14 mi loop

Nice hike! Great views and some good shade as well.

Only went partway up north loop but very nice trail. You get into the hills quickly. Not crowded but not isolated either, at least on the weekend. Would not hike it on hot days as there is very little shade and its a steady incline.

leads to a great view of a neighborhood in the mountains

Not crowded nice relaxing and a little challenging for me at least

This is the same trail as Beaudry Loop. Great workout. Steady incline and great views of Glendale on one side and DTLA on the other.

Great moderate hike with nice views of the mountains and downtown.

Nice wide dirt trail. I did this hike in the middle of the day and ran across a bunch of lizards and a couple of snakes just sunbathing in the middle of the trail.

Very nice place ⛰❤️

Monday, January 30, 2017

Pretty sure I didn't walk for 5.8 miles and it seems that it's two separate loops that combines to form that but I'm still unsure how that was supposed to work!

Anyways, I did make it to the waterfall which was decent compared to some others I've seen, but that's LA for you. The hike was relatively easy - definitely recommend going up the train at the very beginning instead of walking up the road. There's plenty of shade, which is why I chose to do this trail instead of some others.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Nice with lots of opportunities to make it harder. Very versatile and mountain bike friendly. At 3:30 pm you get a lot of shade. I kept going and logged in 11.3 miles and over 2000*feet of climbing. Great views!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Loved it. Few people, amazing views, great workout. What else could you ask for in the center of America's 2nd largest city. Another LA awesome.

Monday, July 18, 2016

It was a great, moderate hike and very green which was nice. Some really nice views with a decent incline/decline. Took around 2 hours. More like 6.2 miles I'd say. Would definitely come back.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

When I measured it my app said 6.5 miles, and it is definitely a productive workout. The incline is good for legs, however there is not much shade.

Friday, July 01, 2016

I'm in love with this place❤️so peaceful

Sunday, June 26, 2016

It was terrific. As a steady city hiker, this one proved to be amazing. Killer views, good work out, privacy, dogs. I love LA.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Stay to the right at the beginning and you get a lot of moderate uphill, then very steep downhill. Overall, this was a nice trail, but there was very little variety and brutal in the sun.