Uvas Canyon Waterfalls

Uvas Canyon Waterfalls is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Morgan Hill, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,490 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Please note: You must have a reservation to access the park on the weekends. Parking is $6. It is possible to pay by credit card or cash using the automated machine at the entrance. Make your reservation at http://gooutsideandplay.org/reservations/product.asp

Nibbs Knob Trail was a workout! Got cold and windy up there. There was only one other person that we passed on this trail. The Waterfall Loop Trail, Contour Trail and the Triple Falls were pleasant. Went on MLK Holiday, park ranger said only 30 cars registered for entry compared to 65 cars the day before. There was a family of deer by the playground on our drive out. Beautiful animals and very alert, paused to watch us take photos of them.

Recommend Knobcone Point and Contour Trails in addition to Waterfall Loop. The views are AMAZING!!!

beautiful hiking trail loop

Nice dog trail. Only did the lower loop because we were short of time.

fee

Incredible view from the Knibb’s Knob trail, and it’s one of the best training hikes around—about 1,700 ft in 2 miles. I did every trail in the park (other than the straight, short return trail from the Waterfall Loop) and clocked about 10.5 miles and almost 3,500 ft of gain. I was looking to train and I definitely got what I wanted. Lovely park, shaded and most trails follow a creek or have a view. Knob Cone Point spur is also a great butt-kicker, though no view. The Alec Canyon spur that splits off the Triple Falls trail isn’t noteworthy for training or scenery. My favorite waterfalls are Basin and Granuja.

Pleasant, shady

Too many small bugs in your face

fee

i took my 3 year old pup and we had a blast! the uphills were a challenge but with the cool fall it was still gorgeous! I will be back.

bridge out
private property

I will definitely have to come back up here during the spring because in September the Falls are all dried. Also be careful of the trails, some are unmarked!

Spring time is better for waterfalls. Upper n lower fall is good. The triple falls not much to see. Trails very well marked. Lots of annoying little flies. Not mosquitos. Lots of loose gravels. Overall, good hike with high elevation.

private property

It's an okay trail but make sure to wear shoes with really good grip as it can get very slippery and rocky, especially when descending. We didn't like that we had to drive through private property to get to the park and even got rudely yelled at by some of the inhabitants to "slow down" when we were driving at below 10 mph already. Overall an okay experience but I probably wouldn't go again.

Beautiful!! Lots of beautiful waterfalls and creeks to explore.

OK! We did waterfall loop! Because when we got to the gate of the park the Ranger herself said that the other hike was not moderate but very very hard. So if you go on that one do it EARLY in the morning and make sure to bring a lot of water. The loop had its challenges, but it was fun. BUT I WILL SAY THIS!! *** it is not clearly marked!*** We really thought we were lost for a while and we ended up on another peek, adding on 2 more miles than we planned hiking. It’s very beautiful though. Lots of little waterfalls to take pictures by.

Many trails. I lightly jogged the lower Swanson creek trail to lower falls (Uvas creek trail). Semi steep descend to the lower falls where there’s a beautiful creek with plenty of large rocks to jump onto if you’re feeling up for that. Though, in order for you to continue the trail you do have to cross the creek to get to the other side but it’s not hard. Once you cross the creek the creek side trail continues until you reach a campground. I chose to turn around and go back the way I came. Easy trail just watch footing as there are many rocks. Very clean bathrooms. Lots of picnic sites.

Hiked on July 20, 2019. Since the trail map includes the Nibbs Knob Trail also, it should be actually rated as hard. We did the water falls loop first and then completed the Nibbs Knob Trail. The water falls loop was moderate but the Nibbs Knob Trail was extremely strenuous. Except the last half of the Nibbs Knob Trail, rest of the trails were shaded. Great panoramic view at the last half of the Nibbs Knob Trail but we were already exhausted by then to enjoy any view. I would do the Nibbs Knob Trail first if I knew it. Almost ran out of water. Take plenty of water if you’re planning to do Nibbs Knob Trail also. By the way, no reservation option was there online. Went without it around 7:30 AM and was fine. Website says reservation is needed from January to June and then depending on visitors traffic. I would still recommend checking the website before going.