Uvas Canyon Waterfalls

Uvas Canyon Waterfalls is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Morgan Hill, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,490 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Please note: You must have a reservation to access the park on the weekends. Parking is $6. It is possible to pay by credit card or cash using the automated machine at the entrance. Make your reservation at http://gooutsideandplay.org/reservations/product.asp

fee

i took my 3 year old pup and we had a blast! the uphills were a challenge but with the cool fall it was still gorgeous! I will be back.

fee

bridge out
private property

I will definitely have to come back up here during the spring because in September the Falls are all dried. Also be careful of the trails, some are unmarked!

Spring time is better for waterfalls. Upper n lower fall is good. The triple falls not much to see. Trails very well marked. Lots of annoying little flies. Not mosquitos. Lots of loose gravels. Overall, good hike with high elevation.

private property

It's an okay trail but make sure to wear shoes with really good grip as it can get very slippery and rocky, especially when descending. We didn't like that we had to drive through private property to get to the park and even got rudely yelled at by some of the inhabitants to "slow down" when we were driving at below 10 mph already. Overall an okay experience but I probably wouldn't go again.

Beautiful!! Lots of beautiful waterfalls and creeks to explore.

OK! We did waterfall loop! Because when we got to the gate of the park the Ranger herself said that the other hike was not moderate but very very hard. So if you go on that one do it EARLY in the morning and make sure to bring a lot of water. The loop had its challenges, but it was fun. BUT I WILL SAY THIS!! *** it is not clearly marked!*** We really thought we were lost for a while and we ended up on another peek, adding on 2 more miles than we planned hiking. It’s very beautiful though. Lots of little waterfalls to take pictures by.

Many trails. I lightly jogged the lower Swanson creek trail to lower falls (Uvas creek trail). Semi steep descend to the lower falls where there’s a beautiful creek with plenty of large rocks to jump onto if you’re feeling up for that. Though, in order for you to continue the trail you do have to cross the creek to get to the other side but it’s not hard. Once you cross the creek the creek side trail continues until you reach a campground. I chose to turn around and go back the way I came. Easy trail just watch footing as there are many rocks. Very clean bathrooms. Lots of picnic sites.

Hiked on July 20, 2019. Since the trail map includes the Nibbs Knob Trail also, it should be actually rated as hard. We did the water falls loop first and then completed the Nibbs Knob Trail. The water falls loop was moderate but the Nibbs Knob Trail was extremely strenuous. Except the last half of the Nibbs Knob Trail, rest of the trails were shaded. Great panoramic view at the last half of the Nibbs Knob Trail but we were already exhausted by then to enjoy any view. I would do the Nibbs Knob Trail first if I knew it. Almost ran out of water. Take plenty of water if you’re planning to do Nibbs Knob Trail also. By the way, no reservation option was there online. Went without it around 7:30 AM and was fine. Website says reservation is needed from January to June and then depending on visitors traffic. I would still recommend checking the website before going.

Great for the family! Very clean. Loved the water falls and big shady trees. I would suggest shoes with traction and walking sticks for older family members. Don't forget your camera!

We completed parts of this trail last week. We skipped the hike to knibs knobb and did the rest of loop. It is really nice and shaded for most parts of the trail. It's quite cool because of the water flowing. We also saw a few deers grazing. Not a lot of people as we started hiking early on Saturday morning ~9am. Be sure to grab a $6 parking permit from the uvas canyon website.

Not bad! Too many people for my liking. Also summer was way too hot! I’ll go back in winter for sure. Pretty though!

It's one of our favorite trail. We visited in March sew the whole forest were covered by the green moss and fresh green. Park rangers are always helpful to tell you which trail will be right for you. And bathrooms are clean.

Absolutely beautiful and well worth the $6 for day use. Started out just doing the waterfall loop and then went on to the other trails; Knobcone, Contour and Alec trails. Plenty of wildlife to be seen and the butterflies were all over the place which was amazing. You can hear sounds of the creek almost throughout the entire hike and plenty of fragrance from flowering trees and shrubs. Definitely glad I went to check this place out.

This is definitely a perfect place to see small waterfalls.

Great hike. Maybe it was Mother’s Day, there were plenty of laughters and giggling from kids along the main creek. The main loop is an easy hike, lots of picture opportunities crisscrossing the creek right next to water. There are also the less travelled trails that can be rated as moderate as there were a few steep climbs - for those who want a slight challenge. As with any shaded wet natural areas, bring bug sprays - plenty of flying insects around.

lots of waterfalls