Upper Natural Bridge Trail

Upper Natural Bridge Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Vallecito, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

This majestic spot features a large creek that flows through massive caves. Bring shoes that can get wet and a sense of adventure! Bring a tube to go through the cave! There are picnic tables along the trail and at the end of the trail as well. The river is shallow and has tons of areas for crawdad catching, tadpols, fish, or to put up a hammock! This is about an hour from Manteca. Great for kids, can get crowded.

The hike can be intense going back depending on what time you head back. We were in direct sunlight the whole way back which made it slightly challenging. The hike is definitely worth the views and water! Definitely planning on coming back soon! Just a little earlier in the day than we did this time ;)
OH, and water shoes are VERY important! We tried walking through the cave barefoot and the rocks are PAINFUL

went today Monday 8/14/2017. It took us about 55 minutes to the Cave. May take some quicker but for my 5 year old first hike. I believe we did well. I would suggest take water shoes as suggested poor to my review. I took a small ice chest nothing to heavy to carry, We loved it. The water was a bit cold. We swam thru the cave to the other side. in the middle of it, you can not touch the ground. I had my daughter take her vest. suggest take a float tube as well. a lot of rock and rough on the feet. its very slippery.

Steep at times, but relatively easy hike to an exciting and refreshing (read: cold) swimming hole! Great spot

Beautiful swim and cave to explore on a hot day. Bring an intertube

Nice little hike down, then back up. Lots of people, we were there by 10:30 on a Saturday morning and almost didn't get a place to park. Get there as early as you can.

Beautiful scenery with an amazing swimming cave! Water is not too cold either. Always a great time

Amazing experience! Highly recommended

Loved this place. Took my two kids and mom Bring a dollar raft or floaty with you if you plan on swimming in the cave water is cold to say the least. Even had a bat flying around while we swam Only down fall was the garbage people left behind and the port o potty was gross. Bring water for the way back up the hill.

Decided to check this spot out. So glad I did. So nice. Easy trail.