Upper Natural Bridge Trail

Upper Natural Bridge Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Vallecito, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

This majestic spot features a large creek that flows through massive caves. Bring shoes that can get wet and a sense of adventure! Bring a tube to go through the cave! There are picnic tables along the trail and at the end of the trail as well. The river is shallow and has tons of areas for crawdad catching, tadpols, fish, or to put up a hammock! This is about an hour from Manteca. Great for kids, can get crowded.

1 hour ago

went today Monday 8/14/2017. It took us about 55 minutes to the Cave. May take some quicker but for my 5 year old first hike. I believe we did well. I would suggest take water shoes as suggested poor to my review. I took a small ice chest nothing to heavy to carry, We loved it. The water was a bit cold. We swam thru the cave to the other side. in the middle of it, you can not touch the ground. I had my daughter take her vest. suggest take a float tube as well. a lot of rock and rough on the feet. its very slippery.

Steep at times, but relatively easy hike to an exciting and refreshing (read: cold) swimming hole! Great spot

Beautiful swim and cave to explore on a hot day. Bring an intertube

Nice little hike down, then back up. Lots of people, we were there by 10:30 on a Saturday morning and almost didn't get a place to park. Get there as early as you can.

Beautiful scenery with an amazing swimming cave! Water is not too cold either. Always a great time

Amazing experience! Highly recommended

Loved this place. Took my two kids and mom Bring a dollar raft or floaty with you if you plan on swimming in the cave water is cold to say the least. Even had a bat flying around while we swam Only down fall was the garbage people left behind and the port o potty was gross. Bring water for the way back up the hill.

Decided to check this spot out. So glad I did. So nice. Easy trail.

It was fun, we got there around 3 on a Sunday and it wasn't too crowded. However, it was 100 degrees and that hike was more than I bargained for. The water was cool and felt nice but it wasn't very deep, unless you swim through the cave.
All in all it was a fun trip but very tiring.

was attacked by bats in the cave. Don't turn right at the fork. it is a direct passage to hell, and the beasts that lie within. For your safety, follow the trail through the poppy fields towards the Castle of Hope....Godspeed, and Good Luck....

Really nice place. swim through the caves

Beautiful hidden treasure in the foothills!!! Best advice... arrive early... it gets crowded as the day progresses (we arrived at 930 and stayed until 4!) pack plenty of water... sunscreen recommended too! and a bathing suit or something you don't mind getting wet in because the short swim through the cave is breathtaking!

I went here awhile ago before all the people started trashing this place. It's beautiful, so breathtaking. Especially if you haven't seen anything like it before. I was able to swim through the cave with a couple people as well, definitely try it! The waters freezing cold when you do but it's so worth it!

I have to agree with everyone's review about the place. It was sad to see garbage everywhere. Very crowded. Kind of like going on a ride and waiting for your raft to come to you. Pretty good hike. Bring lots of water. Especially for on the way back up.

We spent the afternoon there today and had a wonderful time. Carry plenty of water- the lower end of the hike is very hot. Wear sturdy, bubber-toed sandals, but don't wear flip flops! One mom was carrying her daughter (3 1/2 -4 years old) because she lost one shoe in the water.