Upper Miocene Canal [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Upper Miocene Canal [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise, California that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

Covered in "No Trespassing" I assume because it's dangerous and some people have been dumb in the past. Walked a little ways in but there kept being more and more explicit no trespassing signs right where the trail is.

2099 dean road is a long narrow steep hill but there is parking at the bottom where the trail starts. You can go left or right, we went right and it was beautiful. We got to the waterfall, hiked about a quarter more and then went back because that flume went on forever. Highly recommend.

Sick

How do I get to the Dam can anyone point me in what way.

Lovely trail for an evening hike. A couple places I was a little unsure which direction to take, but otherwise just what I needed for me and my dog to get a nice workout

Saturday, October 08, 2016

2099 Dean Road is where we picked up the flume it's overlooking the river below and the sounds of waterfalls while walking is tranquility personified! Highly recommend this section...our out and back was 5 miles, we could have gone further.

Thursday, October 06, 2016

I would NOT recommend this trail (which is actually up to 15 miles r.t.) for mountain bikes; at least one person has DIED doing that. But it's a terrific hike, with numerous access points, for anyone not suffering from vertigo and there are many other good mountain bike trails in the area. Your best bet for sixty plus trails in the Paradise area is The Flumes and Trails of Paradise: Hiking through History on the Ridge. A complete list of local vendors is found on the authors' website, flumesandtrails.com. (Oh, btw, there is no such thing as the "Lime Saddle Memorial Park.")

Friday, June 24, 2016

start from the hospital and walk to the dam.