Upper Colony Mill Trail

Upper Colony Mill Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

The trail actually does not really exist anymore. We did hike it based on the GPS data but it was mostly overgrown and not visible and we had to cut through shoulder high brush in places.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Great view at Admiration Point. Was hoping the trail would loop from there so I wouldn't have to backtrack but couldn't find a continuing trail. Next time I'll keep to the right at the fork and hike to the old ranger station.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

We began this trail off of Crystal Cave Rd. A few miles in (on the left) there is parking for 3-4 cars and an unmarked trailhead. It follows the old road into Sequoia National Park. At one point you can veer to the left on the trail and hike another 1-1.5 miles out to an area called "Admiration Point." It's a cliff that overlooks (interestingly enough) Marble Falls. If you don't veer left you can continue on to see the old building that was a caretaker's home. Lots of evidence that bears are nearby (scat) made me a little uneasy, but I didn't see any bears. Would only do this hike in a large group, because of that. A great hike that doesn't seem to be that well-known!!