Unal Trail

Unal Trail is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wofford Heights, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

It was raining the entire time, heavy fog, I went with my father and older brother very early in the morning and we had the trail all to ourselves. We were completely alone. We saw wild deer, bear tracks, birds. Sure we got all cold, wet, footwear muddy, etc. but that only added to the adventure. What a great GREAT time we had. Like everything else in life, it is what you make it.

I am looking to repeatedly return again.

Hiked on 1/6/18 and did some geochaching along the trails. I would say that this is great for older kids, as there is some spotted elevation climbing going up. Great views along the trail of Lake Isabella. Our views at the top were obstructed as a neat fog/light shower storm rolled in! Will go again in the spring!

Love this trail! Just the right amount of incline and beautiful views throughout the whole way!

Came here for a day hike with my dogs. There is a small dirt parking lot with two picnic benches across from the trailhead. Interpretive trail guides are available at the trailhead. Very pretty hike that climbs steeply at first, and takes you through stands of pines, cedars, and firs. The view from the top is worth the trek, especially near sunset. There is a park bench at the top. I would rate this hike moderate due to the elevation gain.

Great trail, pack layers. Weather is funny here.

Excellent, safe, and beautiful hiking trail! Highly recommend this enjoyable hike. Very easy path to follow with beautiful views of Lake Isabella.

Nice trail. Easy hiking, great with kids. Lots of tree cover so not many views but where you can see it is great. Very enjoyable.

My mom and I loved this trail! We've lived nearby for many, many years and never knew it was there because we'd usually only go to the mountain for the snow! It was a great trail - just challenging enough to feel like a hike and very scenic in places. You do have to share the trail with mountain bikers, but they're usually very aware of pedestrians, so just pay attention and share the trail. I still can't believe such beautiful wilderness was right in our backyard this whole time!

Very nice trail - thoroughly enjoyed hiking this one solo.

Gradual elevation for half of hike which I would say makes it more moderate. But it is a relatively easy hike. Beautiful views along the way and at the peak.

Easy well-marked trail. Headed up around 5pm and never saw another soul. Caught the sunset at the top, needed flashlights for last 20mins or so. Absolutely beautiful.
End of June- pleasant temps and breeze

This is a great family and dog friendly trail that is easily accessible and offers significant relief from the heat of the surrounding area. There is plenty of shade along the entire route. The trail is easy to follow the entire way, clearly marked, with no obstacles. Most people chose to do this one clockwise. Take a moment to relax at Unal summit, where there is a bench and fun items to check out at the top, not to mention sweeping views of the surrounding area. This is a must-do hike in the area!

Absolutely beautiful trail. Easy incline. My dog came with me and it was a great hike for him too. The entire area was pretty abandoned so he was off-leash, but not sure if this is exactly within the rules. The little treasures at the top were truly heart warming.

Love woodsy smell. nice trail. Great weather.

Good beginner trail. This is my first hike, the start of my new hobby. Really enjoyed this trail.

Really perfect weather. We went at around 11am and had the trail all to ourselves. It was incredibly peaceful and relaxing.

A beautiful scenic trail. Loved it! We walked the whole 3.3 miles and it was breath taking.

Great hike. The snow and some fallen trees hid the trail at times but the posts along the trail helped. The posts don't seem to be even spaced and the last one we saw was number 24.

A great hike for anyone to enjoy themselves and take in the view from the top. There was lots of snow which gave an added experience. Definitely will be doing this hike again in the spring!

I had not been hiking in many years and not in the best shape so this hike was perfect for me to get back into hiking. the trail was covered in snow and very pretty.