Unal Trail

Unal Trail is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wofford Heights, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a great family and dog friendly trail that is easily accessible and offers significant relief from the heat of the surrounding area. There is plenty of shade along the entire route. The trail is easy to follow the entire way, clearly marked, with no obstacles. Most people chose to do this one clockwise. Take a moment to relax at Unal summit, where there is a bench and fun items to check out at the top, not to mention sweeping views of the surrounding area. This is a must-do hike in the area!

Absolutely beautiful trail. Easy incline. My dog came with me and it was a great hike for him too. The entire area was pretty abandoned so he was off-leash, but not sure if this is exactly within the rules. The little treasures at the top were truly heart warming.

Love woodsy smell. nice trail. Great weather.

Good beginner trail. This is my first hike, the start of my new hobby. Really enjoyed this trail.

Really perfect weather. We went at around 11am and had the trail all to ourselves. It was incredibly peaceful and relaxing.

A beautiful scenic trail. Loved it! We walked the whole 3.3 miles and it was breath taking.

Great hike. The snow and some fallen trees hid the trail at times but the posts along the trail helped. The posts don't seem to be even spaced and the last one we saw was number 24.

A great hike for anyone to enjoy themselves and take in the view from the top. There was lots of snow which gave an added experience. Definitely will be doing this hike again in the spring!

I had not been hiking in many years and not in the best shape so this hike was perfect for me to get back into hiking. the trail was covered in snow and very pretty.

great family friendly trail.

Did this trail about a week ago it was so beautiful and the weather was perfect! Not to mention the air is so crisp and clean

This one is a jewel! We weren't expecting it to be in the real forest, and were very surprised by it. It's well marked and easy to follow, and there are brochures (there were actually some in there) that allow you to take a walking tour of the trail. It's and odd one though, as the peak is 3/4's of the way through instead of half, so although you're climbing for a while, it does end. Geocachers have a little surprise at the top, too. Should be great for snoeshowing, which will be our next stop there.

Great little hike on July 16. Perfect place to get out of the valley heat in the summer. We took the loop portion clockwise, which is the recommended route. Great view from the top both directions.

Great hike. There was a tree down over the path so we had to go up a clearing near the peak of the trail. The forest firefighters were there clearing the trail. I expect the original path to be clear next time I go up.