Turtle Rock/French Hill Loop

Turtle Rock/French Hill Loop is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Irvine, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It’s a decent workout if you’re in the area.

Pretty steep trail! Hard to know what was the path and just fire clearance. Nice view of irvine from the top. Got a good work out.

Nice easy neighborhood hike.

This trail has NO markers. I did 2.3 miles, as I couldn't figure out the 4.2 advertised course. A lot of shrubbery has been hacked down, and couldn't figure out where was the"trail" path? I used All trails to figure out where I was , but it showed me I was not on main trail (RED).

After, I drove around Turtle Rock, and I didn't get any additional info, that could have made my hike any better.

I could see areas that have vegetation hacked, and no trail paths.

I won't be back.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

A good exercise hike in the city.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

First time climbing a hunk of Earth this large. Truly impressive view at the top. Didn't walk the loop, simply found a trail off of Turtle Rock Rd and climbed. Small in retrospect, yet still a solid experience and very close by.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The hill at the beginning was a great challenge and had beautiful views. The hike down the back side of the hill..... don't forget your machete to clear you path..... it's like walking through the jungle.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Great conditioning hike with 2 steep climbs. Definitely a work out and it's right in the middle of irvine. I like to do this one to keep in shape for weekend hiking trips. Mostly dirt trails and some pavement. Lots of people on this trail as it is in a residential area. You can do this in sneakers no problem but I still prefer my hiking boots. Water - a bottle is fine, you won't need too much since this loop only takes 1-1.5 hours. Great hike to do before or after work.

recorded Turtle Rock/French Hill Loop