Turnbull Canyon Trail

Turnbull Canyon Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Whittier, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

They open at 9am

first time hiking! im 250 lbs it was hot! i would stop frequently but i did it. cant wait to go back!!! make sure ti take water

DO NOT PARK AT START OF TRAIL! Myself and everyone else got a $51 citation. Other than that, great trail with alot of steep climbs and cool view at the top.

Really nice views & great workout, but as of last Saturday there was a lot of dog poop on the trail :(

Great views

pretty nice trials

Amazing view and great quick cardio work out.

Beautiful place to do hike and cardio training. But there's a big problem to find parking spot. The streets around have parking permit. I got ticket for $55

I've done this hike in the past, not too bad. What the heck has Whittier done though? I went up there on Monday & they've roped off the trailhead parking & everywhere within a mile in the neighborhoods is permit parking. Where the heck are you supposed to park?

Great hike beautiful views. On a clear day like yesterday you could see the ocean and boats. On a bad note Dog poop everywhere it seems like pet owners are not cleaning up after them.

Great trail. But no nearby parking.

This trail was just made a Preserve, so only open 9-5, making it a better trail for cooler weather. Ranger will make you leave if you head out prior to 9. As many others have stated, lots of trash and dog poo. Don't screw it up for those of us that actually appreciate the beauty of nature; pack it out! That being said, it's a good little calf burner with fantastic views from the water tower. PSA... if you're thirsty, so is your dog. Saw lots of people unprepared to hydrate their 4 legged friends!

Get there early! Arrived at 0545 on a Friday and lot was 95% full. Moderate trafficked trail up and back to water tower lookout. Pleasant morning views of dew/fog lifting and sunrise. However, I could do without other hikers playing music on their walks...unplug, breathe, listen to your heart beating and enjoy your surroundings. It's been a year since my last hike (out of shape) and I felt this was easily doable. I'll probably do again.

frist time it was good

I was on the trail yesterday with my E bike,. In my 20 years of biking the trail i had never seen it so full of people. I dont worry about parking cause im local but for those that do worry about parking...good luck my friend. (dont let that stop you). It was an epic ride and im glad the see the trail so active.

Really enjoy this trail. Pretty good for an active rest day. Takes about an hour and a half. Parking is horrible tho. We have to park on Beverly when the little lot is full because the blocks closer to it are permit parking only. Other than parking, I love this trail.

It was a good time!

Always a great feeling getting to the water tower!

I definitely would do it again. Well maintained. This trail is actually a fire road so the road is fairly wide. Lots to see. Be careful I saw lots of poison oak. Remember- Leaves of three let them be, leaves of five gets u high