Tuolumne Table Mountain

Tuolumne Table Mountain is a 6.1 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jamestown, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

6.1 km
186 m

rock climbing

cave

15 minutes ago

Good quick hike.

Great quick hike. The last part is steep but the view is so worth it. Most parts of the trail are easy. There are some turns where it is not a 100% clear which direction to follow. Doesn't matter that much, most of them get you to the top. Download the map to be safe.

We got lost on a few turns and had to use th app to check if we were on the right path. So more signs would be nice out there. It was a great combo of shade and sun. Closer to the top we took one way and saw other people take another way up, that was a bit confusing. The views at the top are spectacular. Made want to really go into the lake we were above.

Great views! Did this hike as a family with my ten year old daughter, she loved it and the views of the lake. Found some small caves. Lots of poison oak. Can get a little steep before the very top. Also we saw a bald eagle in its nest!

great views, perfect spot for a picnic for an active family on Mother's Day!

Great hike, needs more signs! Made a couple wrong turns but eventually made it to the top and it was totally worth the view!!

nice hike.. one of my regular hikes. not too hard.. amazing views on top.

great, short hike! beautiful views!

Great quick little hike with a great view at the top. A few caves along the way you can go into. Great place to have a picnic at the end. The view is spectacular.

Love this beautiful walk/climb to the top. We used our AllTrails map to keep us on the right trail. A lot of people seemed confused about what trail to follow. Best time to do this hike is when the weather is cool.

Trail was a little hard to follow at some points but all in all amazing hike and awesome views!

Amazing hike!!! So beautiful

Wildflowers on top are beautiful right now

Love this trail , love letting my dogs run , be ready for a Little Rock climbing , pretty easy though .

We did this hike today (myself and my two 10 year old daughters) and it was beautiful! We did take a wrong turn but it ended up being a fun detour because we got to climb some really cool rocks! The view from the top was fantastic! There were some wildflowers but I think there will be more in the coming weeks.

I love this trail. It is very family friendly and there is an amazing view at the top.

This was a beautiful hike it!!! Best in late winter spring, because there isn't any shade at the top but the view is Fantastic!!!

My daughter and I did this hike a couple of years ago! The hike was pretty easy until you get near the top. My daughter and I had to scramble up large boulders to reach the top. It was a bit challenging, but not impossible. Although, when we were coming back down we were told that there was another way to reach the top that was much easier.. if so, I wish the trail was marked more clearly.

Once we made it to the top, the view was fantastic! ❤️

I got lost several times and came to the cliff where the alpinists climb the mountain. You need to be very careful and follow the signs. So beautiful view on the top!

Awesome hike, some serious rock action near the top! Beautiful views and perfect weather. unfortunately, wild flowers are not abundant at this time of year (February).

I took a few cub scouts and a boy scout up this trail It was a good introduction for the cubs to see some of the easy and the hard parts of hiking. Due to some of the open area's, this is definitely a hike you want to do in the cooler months or early in the morning during the heat of the year. It is a good trail to intro young people to trail hiking. Bring water as there is nowhere where you can pump water.

Though Melones area is known for poison oak, I didn't see any on the trail, though it could of been still dormant. Stay on trail, no problem.

As far as the climb to the top, It's doable for an old fart like me with bad knees and over weight, which is one reason i agree more with the B.L.M map of the area designating this trail a challenge and not moderate. .

I saw people with with kids under the age of 5 and will say that the upper part of the trail is going to be a challenge and do think its a little foolish to bring somebody that young on the rocky trail with steps higher than a foot sometimes. There are some serious fall dangers not only on the trail, but at the top of the bluff.

The view though, as you get to the top, and on top is awesome.

As was mentioned earlier, get there early and turn around heading back. It is a tight area to turn and as usual, there is always that 1 inconsiderate person that out of ignorance will block the area where the gates are so very difficult to turn around.

amazing view at the top definitely will be going again soon!

Great hike and amazing views. This hike is definitely with your while.

It's a beautiful hike that is easy enough for someone that hasn't been hiking for awhile or just wants an good walk.
There are two entrances - the trail actually starts at the first gate. You'll walk a little over a mile thorough trees and fields. Once you get to the restroom you can take the trail to the top or go through the gate to the "watershed" trail. That's a great hike along a dirt road that's pretty much flat. If you want, that leads to the dam but it's a 12 mile hike. Along the way you see glimpses of the lake.
All together it's a wonderful place to hike. A few things:
1. The road to the second gate is bumpy and you'll need a vehicle with a high clearance.
2. If you park at the first gate turn your car around to park. It can be a tight bunch of turns to get out otherwise.
3. It's better to get there relatively early in the morning - I got there at 9:00 am on a Sunday morning and there were about 3-4 cars. By the time I left 2 hours later there were 10-15.
Enjoy!

Beautiful birthday hike with my teen sons. It is almost surreal up top with the landscape resembling something you’d expect on a foreign planet. The views are spectacular at sunset! For those afraid of the steep/rocky bit towards the top...Just do it! It’s not that bad. Take a hiking stick for stability and go slow. There is plenty of room for advanced hikers to get around you.

My whole family enjoyed this hike. The end was a little steep, but my boys (youngest is five) made it up. The view was well worth it. So beautiful!!

It’s nearly halfway flat but once you pass the bathroom it starts to climb decently. I’m pretty out of shape and while I was definitely huffing and puffing I made it to the top. Definitely wear sunscreen because shade can be sparse in a few areas.

Great hike! A bit challenging but well worth the scramble to the top. Make sure you explore the top of the mountain, you will find a wonderful tribute to someone who must have been very special to his friends. Definitely need to go back during Springtime to see all the wildflowers.

Amazing Hike, Its Beautiful. Definitely Not My Last Time Visiting . I Definitely Recommend

Gorgeous view

Seek out the monument overlooking the reservoir

Wandered the plateau and pondered the unique geology

Love this hike