Tuolumne Table Mountain

Tuolumne Table Mountain is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jamestown, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

cave

My whole family enjoyed this hike. The end was a little steep, but my boys (youngest is five) made it up. The view was well worth it. So beautiful!!

It’s nearly halfway flat but once you pass the bathroom it starts to climb decently. I’m pretty out of shape and while I was definitely huffing and puffing I made it to the top. Definitely wear sunscreen because shade can be sparse in a few areas.

Great hike! A bit challenging but well worth the scramble to the top. Make sure you explore the top of the mountain, you will find a wonderful tribute to someone who must have been very special to his friends. Definitely need to go back during Springtime to see all the wildflowers.

Amazing Hike, Its Beautiful. Definitely Not My Last Time Visiting . I Definitely Recommend

Gorgeous view

Seek out the monument overlooking the reservoir

Wandered the plateau and pondered the unique geology

Love this hike

Good hike! Lots of shade going up. But none at the very top so bring some water cause in the summer it is HOT! The first time I did this hike I did kinda take a wrong turn so when the trail Vs take a left to get to the top!

Great quick hike with amazing views.

Great hike!!

my favorite hike!

The mountain is striking with gorgeous views, even as you are climbing up. A couple of tips:

1) The trail is not well shaded. So would not recommend hiking during a 100+ degree day (like we did)

2) The directions on AllTrails takes you to a trailhead. However, the first part of the hike is flat and basically follows the road. Also very hot and with limited shade. You can skip that first part and just start hiking up the mountain if you open the gate at the end of where AllTrails directs you to and continue driving down Shell Road. There will be another trailhead and space for parking further down near the restrooms

3) There is a part that requires bouldering

Went with friends, a 7 y.o. and my little dog. We made it to the top. Not super hard, but definitely need to be a little fit to get up there. Definitely worth it, will be back!

Reached the top with my 13 year old son. Great view on top.

The table top was covered in purple brodeia wildflowers (one lone poppy), we were down by noon, thankfully, it was getting warm. But, the hike was glorious!

Wonderful hike. Be aware of the poison oak!

The trail starts out very easy and becomes more challenging the closer you get to the mountain face. The worst of it is not very long, but you will find yourself climbing up rocks on a steep hill. However, the view from the top is worth the climb! I would recommend going first thing in the morning as there is no shade up top.

Beautiful views when you make it to the top! We went a week ago when it was overcast. Perfect because it wasn't too warm and everything was still green and fresh. We attempted this hike last summer, but it was too hot, dry and it sounded like there were rattlesnake dens nearby. Overall an easy hike, but definitely recommend spring or fall.

Great hike with beautiful wild flowers. Hard to find and not much Parking- easy to miss the trail- we got lucky and followed some that knew the trail. Not too hard.

very easy until you are almost at the top and then it's worth the push over the last 5-10 of step climbing up the rocks. Great views as promised.

Great hike! Took my dog with me and she did great. It was easy to get to the top and the trail was easy to follow. Parking kind of sucks, but other than that it was nice. Beautiful this time of year! Will definitely go again. P.S. Beware of rattlesnakes. I saw one on the way down.

Beautiful hike! Great for the whole family and gorgeous with wildflowers and butterflies.