Tuolumne Grove Trail

Tuolumne Grove Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite National Park, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

We loved this trail; however, we went in February and chose this to do snow shoeing, so I can't speak to non-winter conditions.

When we went, there were about 20 people on the trail. Many more were around the snow play area at the start.

The trail is beautiful and winds thru a grove of giant Sequoias. The side route thru the dead giant tunnel is awesome and not to be missed.

I think this trail was paved, but it was mostly snow packed, so I'm not sure. There is parking at the start as well as vault toilets.

If going during the winter, snow shoes are highly recommended. I saw many people attempt it in sneakers and non winter gear who looked miserable. We also saw many foot holes were people stepped without snow shoes and sunk several feet. Oh and hiking poles are also recommended if snow shoeing. I saw some people without themvwho were unnecessarily struggling.

I loved this trail primarily because of the winter experience. Anyone who loves the snow should try to see it at that time of year.

Beautiful big trees and wild flowers. Easy stroll.

Fantastic Hike with some steeper parts on the way back up but nothing too hard. Great views and awesome giant sequoias. I almost expected some "ewoks" to come and greet me :). Did this in May 2015 and loved it.

Beautiful and must see. Steep downgrade first mile (and last mile is a steep uphill) but the rest is pretty flat and insanely beautiful. Gigantic sequoia trees (some of the largest in the nation). Lots to explore. One of my son's favorite hikes ever.

1 mile downhill to a beautiful loop through the giant trees. Enjoyed the shade of this hike as my last hike in Yosemite in the late afternoon. The hike back up is back up for 1 mile so save yourself some water!
Don't take the pinecones, don't even touch them. I was sad to see so many visitors to the park not following the simple rule...

pretty easy hike. super pretty trees!

Nice fairly short trail. My grandchildren and I took it primarily because Mariposa Grove is closed for the next year.