Tuolumne Grove Trail

Tuolumne Grove Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mariposa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

Nice hike off the Tioga road to see some big trees. 3.2 miles. Easy hiking there. More strenuous coming back. The trail is paved & wide until you get to the grove. Then, a little rocky.
These aren't the biggest trees Yosemite has, but until they open Mariposa Grove, they're your best bet.

Easy walk but worthwhile to see the giant sequoias! Loads of people though...

anything outside to me is awesome, hike was fairly easy. but this is a must see if you've never seen a redwood, they are gorgeous.

Checking out the redwoods is a must. Never have I felt so small in my life. But it's a nice little hike in the woods, nothing too strenuous and worth the views especially if you've never stood next to one of these giants.

The sequoias are great but few. The condition of Old Big Oak Flat Road gives some historical food for thought.

We loved this trail; however, we went in February and chose this to do snow shoeing, so I can't speak to non-winter conditions.

When we went, there were about 20 people on the trail. Many more were around the snow play area at the start.

The trail is beautiful and winds thru a grove of giant Sequoias. The side route thru the dead giant tunnel is awesome and not to be missed.

I think this trail was paved, but it was mostly snow packed, so I'm not sure. There is parking at the start as well as vault toilets.

If going during the winter, snow shoes are highly recommended. I saw many people attempt it in sneakers and non winter gear who looked miserable. We also saw many foot holes were people stepped without snow shoes and sunk several feet. Oh and hiking poles are also recommended if snow shoeing. I saw some people without themvwho were unnecessarily struggling.

I loved this trail primarily because of the winter experience. Anyone who loves the snow should try to see it at that time of year.

Beautiful big trees and wild flowers. Easy stroll.

Fantastic Hike with some steeper parts on the way back up but nothing too hard. Great views and awesome giant sequoias. I almost expected some "ewoks" to come and greet me :). Did this in May 2015 and loved it.

Beautiful and must see. Steep downgrade first mile (and last mile is a steep uphill) but the rest is pretty flat and insanely beautiful. Gigantic sequoia trees (some of the largest in the nation). Lots to explore. One of my son's favorite hikes ever.