Tule and Doris lakes

Tule and Doris lakes is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lakeshore, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 554 feet Route Type: Out & Back

trail is great but this app sucks. how do I unsubscribe?

Did these trails after visiting Mono hot springs for the first time. From all the spots in the Sierra I've visited this was the worst. I did not like this spot I don't know who is crazy enough to say this place is better than Yosemite! This place is trash, Yosemite is the best!!! First of all the road is super long, it becomes one lane at some point so it's a long time until you get there! The area is super hot and what's worse is the mosquitos!!! I didn't have bug spray and I had never gotten attacked so badly by mosquitos anywhere, so many mountain trails I've been on and never got attacked so badly by mosquitos!!! They were bold tough little suckers that swarmed you and followed you relentlessly, they ate me alive I got dozens of itchy bites!!! The trails were pretty bad too and not maintained they looked dirty and scattered with wood debris and fallen trees. The lakes were still kinda nice but that's it not worth the long drive out there I rather go to any other spot in the Sierras than Mono Hot Springs!

Took our sweet time as we are getting over a cold but it paid off! We only went to Tule Lake but it was peaceful and gorgeous. Take a minute to climb a rock the clearing shortly after the fork for Doris and Tule and you won’t be disappointed! Well marked trail. Unfortunately Tule Lake was only accessible at one tiny part, the rest was surrounded by wickets or else we would have swam.