Trippet Ranch to Eagle Springs Loop Trail

Trippet Ranch to Eagle Springs Loop Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Topanga, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Parking lot is $10 for all day or $3 per hour.

Never seen it so green

Its can be muddy after rainy days. but still worth it.

Quite muddy after all of the rain, but man is it looking beautiful - everything is so green! Path is easy to follow and goes through some different style vegetation which is good. Parking lot is $10 for all day or $3 per hour.

Saw a beautiful bobcat after our hike today (01/03/19) as we were leaving the parking lot.

I agree with another reviewer that this isn’t an easy hike but deserves to be reclassified as moderate. To me it’s very similar to paseo Miramar to Parker Mesa overlook in distance and steepness. It was really hot the day I hiked so maybe it seemed harder than it would’ve otherwise. I hiked the lower loop of the figure 8 shaped trail shown here, counter clockwise and that seemed pretty reasonable on a hot day. Then crossed over at the midpoint of the 8 and went straight to eagle rock which isn’t too much past that intersection of you go clockwise on this part - I know sounds confusing but it’s very straightforward once you look at it . Wonderful views the entire time, not much shade. Trash cans at the top next to the rock.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Im a big fan of this hike and of Topanga State park! The whole area is neat, but Eagle rock is the crowned jewel with it's caves and panaramic views. I prefer taking the Fire road (best views) to eagle rock, but Musch trail is nice too, and a good change of scenery.

Sunday, February 04, 2018

Very nice - great vistas, big sky, trees and amazing Eagle Rock

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Great hike. Beautiful views. Not exactly easy though.

Monday, September 04, 2017

A great hike and wonderful place to watch the next eclipse . In 80 years!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

amazing!

Monday, December 26, 2016

This was so much fun. Although I would rate this as a moderate hike, the view from Eagle Rock is so beautiful and relaxing. I got extremely lost on the drive up, I should have done more research on the directions before I started driving. Then went dining in town afterwards.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Awesome

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Really intense incline hike, and you are rewarded with beautiful views of both the Pacific Ocean and the San Fernando Valley. At night you can get clear views of Catalina Island! Eagle Rock is also an impressive stop along the way.

Friday, May 08, 2015

Non-starter for me, the reason I go to parks is so my hairy friend (dog, not some hippy dude or a wolly mammoth) can join me. I stick my tongue out in your general direction.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Started @ the Trippet Ranch Trailhead and took Eagle Rock trail to the giant boulders and "eagle rock"- very pretty views & a great hike! Loved it.

Saturday, May 05, 2018